Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One More Day!

One more day, two more Kindergarten concerts before vacation unofficially begins on Friday.

I changed up the blog a bit with a new header photo and new template. I like the new colors, but not that everything appears smushed into the center. Let me know your thoughts....I'll tweak it a bit more as I think about it and use it more.

Other than that, Tom and I are both rather crabby tonight....which at least we both are admitting crabbiness. Adding to our mood was the fact that we found out tonight that the Santa present we chose for Connor was oversold and is not available on any website. Meaning we are back to figuring out a cool present for him AND we probably have to actually go into the toy store. Blurg, as Liz Lemon would say.

After a complete reading of the Grinch (the Grinch played by Tom and me as the narrator), the boys were back to their bedtime antics (see previous post). At one point, I heard them jumping around and getting wild, so I went all Mommy on them. As I walk in and holler, "GET INTO THAT BED RIGHT NOW!"-Ian flies into his bed, pulls his blankets up and pretends to be asleep. "Do NOT think that you can fool me with pretending to be asleep this whole time. I know you are awake, young man." Silently continuing to feign sleep-a rather stellar performance. Connor, on the other hand, has gotten into bed but continues to ask for stuffed animals already sandwiched somewhere in his bed. "Where Ribbit? " I respond that I honestly do not care where Ribbit is and have no interest in looking for him. Ribbit miraculously appears from under ten other cars and animals. Following this, the boys finally go to sleep.

It's definitely a comedy routine at our house.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,

I like the new blog format, particularly the picture at the top. Hopefully my phone call to you and Tom didn't add to your crabbiness. Looking forward to seeing you in LA.

bobbie said...

You're allowed to be crabby this close to the Big Day. Getting everything done and settled can be pretty stressful.

I like the new template. Especially the larger print. Old eyes don't like small print.

Linda Murphy said...

Hey Michael-

Numbers ALWAYS make me crabby-but luckily you seem be so kind about it all that I cannot be TOO crabby.

Today is already shaping up to be interesting as one is crying about breakfast and the other is taking a half an hour to get dressed.

Perhaps I'll rename myself Lucy.

julie said...

I like the new format - very nice!

Your bedtime troubles suddenly reminded me of when I was a kid. My sister was the instigator, and my dad would come stomping up the stairs with a full head of steam,

"You kids quit farting around and go to bed!!"

Of course, his unfortunate choice of words always had us giggling, which just made everything worse. It was a vicious cycle.

Raven said...

I LOVE your new format. It's very inviting and easy on the eye and your pictures glow out from it. I love your photos. Your kids are so beautiful and even though you are no doubt very tired, your bedtime stories make wonderful reading.

Enjoy you Christmas holiday time. Looking forward to photos and videos.

Jeni said...

Bedtime -something I have to say I didn't have all that much problems with my kids over that mainly because our life then was so undisciplined that they really didn't have all that much in the way of a set bedtime. I never had a set bedtime when I was growing up either -just went to bed when my Mom and Grandparents went to bed -mainly cause I was terrified of the dark and being alone in bed. Kurt and Maya though -we try to get them ready for bed no later than 9 p.m but that doesn't necessarily mean they fall asleep right away although they are both getting tired out earlier in the evening -or so it seems anyway.
Love that picture of Conner and also your story of him and his own timeline. Oh how well I do know the sleep interrupted thing though with Kurtis -up until about 3 months ago it was quite the norm for him to wake me up in the middle of the night and keep me up then for anywhere from 1 to 3 hours too -not talking then, but crying, and crying and did I mention, crying! He does much better in that respect now, thank goodness.
Merry Christmas to you and Tom and the boys. Hope your New Year is the best it can possibly be too!
Peace.