Wednesday, February 06, 2008

For the IF in life


My happy friend Snoopy was riding high in the sky last Friday afternoon, presumably for the Super Bowl festivities. We happened to be outside for Connor's occupational therapy appointment, playing parachute and on the swingset with our OTs. I raced in for my camera and took a bunch of shots. T commented that one or two pictures was probably sufficient, but again-I take a ton to get one or two decent shots. The OT even asked me to email her the photos!

Sorry the blog has been a bit ho-hum lately.....the boys in the house are once again dropping like flies. Tom (yes, family members will be happy to know this) went back in for a check up and another chest x-ray, but he is feeling very worn out. I am hopeful he is taking a day off tomorrow to rest. Ian also ran a fever yesterday and all day today. I suspect an ear infection because there are "bugs in his ear" and he kept fussing with it tonight. Connor also had a fever this afternoon, but again no fever really keeps them down. They were happily playing tonight, but were asleep within a few minutes of going to bed. Right there is a serious clue-my children are learning the art of procrastinating bedtime, but not tonight. We are supposed to go and see "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me"-the NPR show tomorrow night, but it is looking bleak due to ill husband, children and babysitters!

Other than that, I am working on chorale work in my spare moments-it's a very busy time. The instrumentalists are particular this time around, so I am having quite a time with that, but I am remembering to breathe deeply and stay in the moment...

Plus, I just got a text that perhaps my friend Shannon and husband Ryan will be welcoming a new arrival any time now! I am sending them (especially her!) my good baby thoughts for a safe and healthy delivery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture, Linda! My daughter spent the last two days home due to fever and a cold...hubby is going down hill fast. It's been bad here the last two weeks as far as illnesses. Hope all of your boys feel better soon! *HUGS & SMILES*

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, that's a great photo!!

Hope all three boys feel better soon! My dh has been struggling with a cough for 5 weeks now!!! (I may have already mentioned that.)

Dianne said...

I always take tons of the same shot to get the one I really want - the one I see in my head/my imagination.

Your photo is great.

Hope everyone gets better soon

Theresa said...

Loved the Photo- everyone knows you need to take at least 20 pictures to get one good one!!!

Hope all are feeling better soooooooooooon!