Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween 2006, Part One

Okay, the cuteness factor is off the charts on Halloween! Of course, capturing these two cuties was the real challenge. Ian was a firefighter (minus the boots). Connor was a dragon/dinosaur; whatever you imagine him to be is fine. Finding him a costume not made of industrial strength fleece was another challenge, but Target came through. (hands up if you love Target!)


Okay, I know you are all doing a resounding "awww" for how cute my sweet baby dragon is. Connor also decided that celebrating Halloween isn't celebration enough. He added crawling forward to his repertoire to make a special day more fun. Of course, now comes the babyproof stage one: anything on the floor and floor level must now be checked, moved, hidden. This time around, it includes Ian's small toys and Tom's various music papers. You know, I always think our house is pretty babyproof, but they always, always find something you forgot or took for granted. We are very, very proud of our boy on the go. And maybe a bit wistful too.


Ian enjoyed the trick or treating, he was especially interested in ringing doorbells and saying thank you before actually getting candy (yes, folks, a two year old has manners! Whew!). The funniest part was prior to going out for trick or treating. I set out our bowl of candy to hand out while Ian was getting ready. He comes over with his bucket and starts choosing the candies he likes to put in his bucket. "I like this one.....and this one...." He did get to eat a candy after trick or treating and I think Daddy might have given him one before we left too, but he was outmatched by Mommy and Daddy, who created a secret stash of favorite candies. Love Halloween. It's such a lovely excuse to eat candy.

Okay, since Blogger is being tempermental (yes, you heard me, Blogger!) and will not allow me to post more pictures, I will have to create a sequel. So stay tuned.

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

Great photos, Linda!!