Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Connor is 11 Months Old!


It is unreal that a year has almost past. This time last year, I was finishing my last few days of work and sleeping on the couch upright for weeks. Waiting and waiting and waiting for this little guy. Funny how I know that period of time was so tiring and uncomfortable (and I am not anxious to do the pregnancy stuff all over again, trust me) BUT, it seems like forever ago.

Here is the little cherub enjoying his first ice cream cone. We are at a point where Connor does not like to be spoon fed any longer. The food must be on his tray. Applesauce and all runny foods included. He really had fun holding and eating his ice cream, since none of us could touch it and possibly take any of it. This new development has also resulted in us giving him a bath daily.

Okay, the ice cream cone evening was last week. So technically he was 10 months old. But see how much more mature he is in this new 11 month old photo taken just this afternoon? What a difference a week makes.

Yes, this is supposed to be Connor's shining moment. The boys were in the backyard playing under Daddy's makeshift tool bench (aka computer desk that is never coming into our house again). Ian was hiding underneath and Connor was enjoying the hide and seek game. Ian was just too cute popping out from under the desk, so I snapped a "few" pictures. Here is one of probably ten. Note to Irish relatives: that is the Ireland soccer jersey Ian is sporting.

Here's our little big guy just shy of a year. The most poignant moment that I could not capture on photo (yet) was the emergence of those two top teeth. He grinned at me today and you could see four teeth, not just two. No more gummy gums on your fingers. The moment was so strange because he actually looked different and a bit older. No, I didn't cry. I'll save that for the day that I realize he isn't an infant any longer. Anyway, the worst teething is over for this week, he is back to sleeping through most of the night and he is much happier in general. After all, he is 11 months old now, so he needed to be chipper for the occasion.
In other news, the babysitter will arrive in town tomorrow. Oh, did I say babysitter? I mean my mom. (Hey, Tom...suit up, we are actually going on a date! ) Ian has her scheduled for the zoo and probably hours of bubbles. So, we should have some solid blogging over the next week.

Happy almost one, baby C!

2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Your boys are way too cute!!! Love the ice cream photo!!

Maia said...

such a cutie-pie !!!