The boys were in a contentious mood for most of the day. Ian wanted whatever toy Connor had first, Connor would cry if Ian grabbed it from him. Then, Ian would be playing and Connor would sit next to him and try to play too. Most of the comments were: "No, Connor, no!", "Mommy, he's breaking it!" , "Here, Connor, you play with this." and so on. Connor responded with heartbreaking wails.
Finally in a brotherly moment, they tried to hug each other and ended up collapsing on the kitchen tile, each landing on the side of the face. That brought on hysterics from both parties, so I scooped them up and sat on the couch with both of them clinging and screaming. A few minutes later, I see Connor peek over at Ian and quickly begin to cry louder. Ian would stop for a moment, see Connor still crying and Ian would start up again. I was trying not to laugh, and I was simultaneously wishing my mother had stayed another extra day.
After arguing indoors got old, we moved outdoors to fight over the tricycles, the bubbles, the sidewalk chalk (Connor snacked on the blue chalk). I finally brought out the foam shamrocks to decorate with Ian's favorite art supply-glitter glue. We gave Connor a shamrock too, which ended up decorated with dirt, blue chalk residue, teethmarks and whatever glitter glue he hadn't managed to eat. I was ready to drink some green beer by then and it was only 11am. (I didn't)
Here's Connor sampling the glitter glue, swiped from one of Ian's shamrocks.
This was Connor after I wiped glitter glue out of his mouth. Notice the blue chalk on his shirt, along with the dirt on his face. That was a result of chewing on the bubble wands, getting his hands sticky and proceeding to crawl and eat chalk and dirt.
A moment of silent playing. An even better moment was when they both took naps at the same time. I took a nap too!
Daddy came home and took the boys on a bike ride before dinner. When they came home, the leprechaun had hidden the shamrocks around the house, so Ian got to look for "treasure".
I have other pictures to post from my mom's week here. I'll get to them soon! Mom-we miss you and we were so glad to have you stay with us! Happy St.Patrick's Day!
2 comments:
Very cute! Love the Irish tee!!
As always, cute boys! I wish my DH would take my boys on a bike ride....a reallly looong bike ride, LOL!
Post a Comment