Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hooray for Oxyclean!

It seems to be birthday season, especially for young boys. Our friend Trevor turned three today and his Spiderman party was held on Sunday afternoon at the park. All of the guests were kids from our daycare. Ian was very excited about the party and seeing Trevor. He was not excited about the daycare kids being at the park. Everything seems out of order in his little world, so he ended up playing alone or with the two older girls that were there. He only played with Trevor once most of the other kids had left. But, my boys love their pizza. Cindy found some terrific New York pizza, a very smart choice for three years old. And almost one year olds too.

My faux pas of the day was forcing my children to look clean and neat. I put them in white collar shirts. Ian was the only child who managed to remain somewhat clean despite pizza and a heavily frosted red and blue Spiderman cake. Later on, he took a nosedive on the concrete and skinned his knee, so he ended up a little dirty.


On the other hand......


Young Connor, preparing for his own birthday festivities, wasted no time with the pizza or the cake. The boy managed two pieces of cut up pizza and chewed on the crust. He happily sat eating for what seemed like perhaps an hour.

So, my hats off to Oxyclean stain remover...you will have a loyal customer. This white shirt was basically purple, following juice dribble later on. (yes, he is eating a frosting covered pizza crust in the above shot.) Needless to say, the boys went into the tub that evening. However, I could not wash their clothes because our non-agitating washing machine. Once I could finally launder their clothes with mega-doses of Oxyclean, that little white shirt looks pretty darn good.


Okay, I went to Target and bought a new bottle of Oxyclean, seeing as how Connor's first birthday is fast approaching. This is just a warmup.

Well, naptime is over and I must attend to my crew.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, my- I think these are some of the best pictures ever! Too cute (if that is possible.)

Unknown said...

So, so cute! Love looking at the clean, white shirt, then scrolling down to the pizza and icing covered face! LOL Such handsome boys!

Sally Lynn MacDonald-inkyheart said...

Those are FABULOUS shots. Between Oxyclean and the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - I feel enabled to tackle this home!