100 Things About Me
1. I obviously love these lists and questionnaires. I love getting them in emails, I've made up some, I always respond to them. Bring it on.
2. I grew up in the height of the 80's, which is just hard to believe that I am hearing songs from my era on the classic rock station or on Saturday 80's night. Has it been that long?
3. I am an only child. Unless you count my brother with no bones.
4. I have never broken a bone.
5. I was extremely shy throughout most of my life. I still fight with social anxiety, it is really hard, but I am at the most outgoing I have ever been.
6. I love libraries and bookstores. Most of the time is spent in the children's section (with my children) but I love a few hours to wander around by myself. I especially enjoy the comfy chairs, a nice cup of tea and a ton of books I don't intend to buy.
7. I am a very anxious person though it probably doesn't appear that way often.
8. I never have liked country music. Ever.
9. I love watching "our shows" at night once the kids are asleep. Thomas is waiting for me to finish this blog so we can watch Colbert.
10. I love chips and salsa. And Tew and Suz's guacamole.
11. I am petrified of heights, except on an airplane.
12. I am TERRIFIED of spiders.
13. I have never seen a complete Star Trek episode, even though my husband loves that show.
14. I have never had better Mexican food than here in AZ. Mango's is the best!
15. My favorite drink is Sangria, as made by either Hilary or Suz.
16. I have the worst hair in the world. It is fine textured, somewhat wavy/curly, a million cowlicks, it needs to be washed every day, it is just the worst. Even my hairdresser says so! I do like the dark brown color, but the gray hairs are creeping in and standing at attention.
17. I have brown eyes and I am very happy with my brown eyes and my older son's brown eyes too! Nothing wrong with a good chocolate colored pair of eyes! Thank goodness they aren't blue! (I hope you are sensing an inside joke here)
18. I fell in love with Thomas in Lake George, NY. We've been together for 13 years, I think!
19. I don't want a dog. Or a cat. Or any pets. I'll enjoy other people's pets instead.
20. I enjoy cleaning and organizing. Unfortunately, I am outnumbered 3-1 in my house, so it isn't that clean or organized.
21. I am a total homebody – I’m happiest just being at home
22. I wear the same earrings almost everyday. My husband gave me a pair of silver hoops that I love, love, love more than any other piece of jewelry.
23. I don't wear my wedding or engagement ring. Neither does my husband anymore. Lots of comments on that, but it's our choice.
24. I don't really like to cook, but I am trying to branch out.
25. I would rather write an email than talk on the phone.
26. I can’t drive a stick shift. My mom tried to teach me and I drove up on someone's lawn.
27. I would love to see a show taping-I have never seen one. I would love to see Colbert.
28. I used to collect Snoopy everything. I have slowed that WAY down, because there is just no room.
29. I do not like horror movies at all.
30. I love New York Pizza, as everyone knows. That is our traditional welcome home to NY meal when we visit NY.
31. I can eat a lot of food. It is a little freaky and not too great for the figure. (what figure?)
32. I hate camping. I am faced with the fact that we don't have a lot of $$, and camping is a cheap vacation, so it is probably in the future somewhere.
33. I have freckled skin, light olive color. I can tan pretty easily but I am trying to be more cautious. I would love to have my dad's skin tone!
34. I don't like pastel colors.
35. I am very interested in photography and learning more about taking better pictures. Michael has been my photo mentor. My specky new camera has been a trusty sidekick.
36. I feel like my memory is getting worse in the last year or so. I forget a lot of things and need to make a lot of lists.
37. I am very non-confrontational.
38. I don't mind sharing my political views if asked, but I don't advertise it. Or I try not to.
39. I am mathematically challenged since forever. I struggled to barely pass math every year from elementary on. I am pretty sure my son counts better than I do.
40. I do play several musical instruments, but the one I would love to play well is the guitar.
41. I am trying to change careers and become a grant writer/consultant or work in non-profit arts somehow.
42. I love the beach. I don't like swimming in the ocean.
43. I have stopped collecting things that collect dust. The only thing I like to collect now are photos.
44. I would love to visit Europe and also Ecuador again.
45. I can speak, read and write Spanish. I am a little rusty lately (sorry, Dad) but I have gotten a lot of practice in AZ.
46. I almost went to college for Spanish. I have considered doing some coursework in translation, but haven't pursued it.
47. I have a Bachelor's and Masters in Music Education. It is a pretty limiting degree given the teaching field nowadays. Probably should have gone with the Spanish, but I can't change what I chose in the past.
48. When I was in high school, I was a band geek. And Band Treasurer. Refer to #39 and you see why that is ironic.
49. I want to visit all 50 states.
50. I clean my kitchen floor almost every day, sometimes twice. Or three times.
51. I don't have a good eye for interior design/house stuff. Our house is a big mish-mosh of patterns and colors. Someday I would love to have a room full of matching furniture!
52. My best car was my Ford Escort. I loved that car.
53. I currently drive a ghetto-looking Geo Prizm. The mechanic said it runs great for a car with 160,000 miles on it. Although I angle for a newer car, I will be driving this one until the end. I bought it 12 years ago with my first teaching job.
54. I am a big loser on Ebay, so I quit using it.
55. I miss all of my New York friends and family.
56. I do not miss New York or the East Coast that much. Sorry East Coasters. I know we keep saying we might move back. 30 degrees with snow does not entice me to return.
57. I like the West Coast a lot. Phoenix is a clean, organized, happening place. I wish there was some middle ground place that we could live where our family and friends would also be. I know nobody wants to live here in AZ with us. I agonize on giving up all we have worked for in Phoenix, it is a really arts centered city.
58. I hate the Arizona education system. There's the drawback. After growing up and teaching in NY, I think anything is a step down.
59. I am pretty crafty. I like beading, scrapbooking and learning new crafts. But my time and attention is so limited, I find that photography is really my new craft of late.
60. My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
61. My favorite topping for ice cream is nothing.
62. I hate eggs.
63. I cannot drink a straight up glass of milk.
64. I won’t eat liver. Ever.
65. I love to read at night before I go to bed.
66. I used to stay up and wait for my mom to go to bed, then run in and camp in her bed for the night. I also liked to go in and talk to her about what I wanted for lunch the next day or ask if I could use the bathroom. Good times, Mom!
67. I loved watching Saturday morning cartoons. Apparently that is a thing of the past, because Saturday morning cartoons are horrible and lame anymore. What happened to Bugs Bunny, Smurfs, Flintstones, Tom and Jerry, SuperFriends? Sniff, sniff.
68. I hate football. I don't even try to understand it anymore.
69. I love baseball and I know more than my husband does about it.
70. I ran the New York Marathon. I cannot imagine running down the block now unless I was chasing one of my kids.
71. I had my wisdom teeth out and I was awake for all of them.
72. I never had braces. My teeth turned out pretty straight.
73. My favorite thing to wear is my yoga pants and a comfy shirt. And my hoodie jackets.
74. I had chicken pox as a kid.
75. I am a little neurotic about my boys and their health.
76. I cannot look at needles going in my arm.
77. I love Target. It is my favorite all-around store.
78. I love my laptop. That and my camera are my favorite toys.
79. I love the smell of lavender soap on my boys. They always smell so sweet after their bath.
80. I would love a bigger house, but we make do with our little one.
81. I would love to make more money as a teacher. It is crazy that you cannot support yourself or your family on a teacher's salary.
82. I love the Backyardigans music.
83. I love my son singing Backyardigans music.
84. I love my two boys.
85. I don't like call waiting.
86. I won a Pizza Hut coloring contest when I was a kid. We got a free pizza.
87. I’m a Leo, which I wasn't quite sure how I fit into the Leo description, but Hilary has enlightened me on all things astrological. Now I get it.
88. I love the Colbert Report. Love it. Better than Daily Show.
89. My favorite shows lately are: Lost, How I Met Your Mother, Backyardigans (seriously cute!), Colbert Report.
90. I love to write. Not just the technical grant writing, but I love that too. I have a bunch of writing but I have been the only reader ever.
91. I love to blog. It's really fun. I also love snagging ideas from other blogs (thanks to Stacy for this one that I noticed on your sidebar!)
92. I hate having the tv on if no one is watching it.
93. I have great fingernails. They grow like a dream. But since I play guitar, I chop them each week.
94. I procrastinate, but I try not to. It's hard!
95. I wish I had money to do more projects in our house. I have quite a wish list.
96. I love listening to talk radio.
97. I love playing board games, especially with Terri.
98. I love my family. They are all good people with big hearts.
99. I love my friends. Doesn't anyone want to live out West?
100. I am sad that this is the end! I love lists!
No comments:
Post a Comment