Thursday, January 15, 2009

New York Pride

I was simply stunned to listen to the radio on the way home from school this afternoon to hear that an airplane had crashed into the Hudson River. One of the AZ stations was devoting their coverage to the crash and reported that all of the passengers were alive. They spoke of passengers standing on the wings of the plane. One flight attendant from Phoenix called into the radio show and explained the attendants all attend a mandatory training, including a simulated crash and water landings. She explained how impressive and fantastic this flight crew today, including the pilot. She said that the US Airways headquarters (based in Tempe) -many broke into tears upon hearing that everyone was safe.

I cannot imagine how much the passengers, flight crew and their families must be feeling this evening, but when confronted with mortality, I imagine that the range of emotion must be wide and deep. May their reunions be joyous and healing.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Watching the rescue efforts this afternoon -live -on MSNBC -and learning all were safe, Mandy and I both sat here with tears streaming down our cheeks. What a miracle, for sure!

Michelle Quinno said...

It really was a miracle. I was so happy to hear everyone survived!

Theresa said...

Amazing that everybody survived-it is always nice to have a happy ending

Michelle Quinno said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog. I know you are really busy so no pressure!!