Sunday, August 02, 2009

Toys on the Expensive

Yep, so yesterday I posted about our garage sale finds.

Today I post that we also, using gift cards and birthday money, purchased a Wii.

Ian and Tom have serious video game stamina, but I wanted something active for all of us AND something we could all do inside during our hundred million degree weather. And we love it.

Tom and I deliberated over this purchase for a few weeks on and off. I questioned everyone and questioned if the boys (Ian and Tom) would actually turn it off and not play.

Well, we played Wii quite a bit last night between here and Julie's house. This morning, Ian and Connor were back to the garage sale finds, plus they "helped" sort my general music instruments and toys, finding my super long stuffed snake and played with him for awhile.

Happening right now: Tom is replacing the moulding in the hallway. Connor holding flashlight and Ian is apparently hammering. Connor isn't too happy about his apprentice position, but Ian is very serious. I love that Tom includes them in his projects.


I wonder if I could find a house project Wii game......

6 comments:

julie said...

You never know; have you tried checking the Wii store online?

:D

Unknown said...

That is so cool. It brought back memories of my Dad including me in his projects. It made me feel great! :D)Tom sounds like a cool Dad!

Michelle Quinno said...

I still want to buy a Wii for our house and we're all adults. I think it's what I need to get in the exercising mood (wii fit). My husband asks why I just don't hop on the treadmill!

Raven said...

I'd love a Wii... the best game I ever played was Legend of Zelda which I think is now available on Wii... I already waste way too much time so it's probably just as well I can't afford one. Glad you are having fun with it.

It's wonderful that Tom includes the boys in his projects. He's a good Dad.

Can't believe school has started already in AZ... We have a month to go here before kids head back.

Raven said...

Oh - hope your Cold Stone Birthday Ice cream was good.

Theresa said...

So great the boys are learning to be handy at an early age- it is something they will keep with them all there life, and remember what their dad taught them.