Tuesday, May 01, 2007

A Pirate Says....

Arrgh!

Okay, we burned a copy of the Backyardigans CD for Ian to listen to in the car. Ian enjoys singing along and with every single song intro, he says, "I know this one....Pirates" or whatever the song title is. Then at the end, he either says, "That's a great song!" or he'll say, "I'm great at singing that song!".

Now, today on our way to daycare, we were listening to the Pirate song, which says "A pirate says Arrgh!" . Ian was singing along and I heard Connor make a little noise that sounded like a growl. I didn't consider it anything significant until this afternoon when we listened to the Pirates song (again). Connor was in the back saying "rrrr", right after the CD sang "arrgh". I listened more carefully this time and he was definitely singing along. I really need to catch this on video, but when you're driving....

I love their little voices. Ian with his lisp and Elmoish voice. Connor with his raspy chatter and his bizarre little laugh. But the singing is so much fun in the car. It makes me want to drive around town all day so we can sing, sing, sing. Arggh!

1 comment:

Maia said...

I love hearing ds sing too. I managed to record him (well with me too, because I sing and he follows and then I sing softly so his voice comes out more. I love to play it over and over.

His current fave song right now is "Rock-a-bye your bear" by the wiggles. He says "HAIR" for the "hands in the air" phrase .. :-)