Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ian Gets A Boost

Ian has been holding at 39.5 pounds, waiting to get into the booster seat and out of that "baby" car seat. I finally decided that he was close enough to 40 lbs. He chose his new booster, complete with specky cup holders and aqua blue coloring.

Tom put his new seat into the car yesterday. Ian is very impressed because he is able to click himself in and out of the seat and I must say that I am rather delighted with that ability too.



Here, Ian not only shows off his new seat, but includes his new-found patriotism, which involves putting his hand over his heart in all recent pictures and looking very serious. He is able to recite the pledge ("....for which it stands, invisible with liberty and justice for all.") and I hear many recitations on our car rides. He is growing up in so many ways.

I realize I have been behind in blogging. To be honest, I am rather crabby tonight after changing Connor's diaper 6 times this evening. He is a miserable kid with a nasty rash and a sore bottom, so it's been quite an evening for all of us. I was hoping to include a few more things, but not tonight. I think I am going to curl up and read a book instead.

Don't worry-haven't forgotten that Wheel Pose....it's coming, I promise!

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Well, congratulations to Ian for advancing to the booster seat but condolences to Connor (and you) for the sore bottom problem. That's certainly a bummer -pun intended for you -maybe give your spirits a tiny lift.

Michelle Quinno said...

Yay for Ian!! He must be so proud of himself. He looks more grown up too!

Sorry for you with the diaper issue. I hope you got the chance to read your book and relax.

bobbie said...

a big step for Ian! I'm sure he is proud.

so sorry about Connor. Been there, done that. Hope the problem resolves itself soon.

Theresa said...

Congrats to Ian- he is getting to be such a big boy now!

Hope Connor feels better- it is so tough to be out of sorts when you are young- and even when your older too:)

Deep Breathe--Calmness :)

Cindy said...

Trevor was so upset about being a car set when we picked up Ian in the booster. Rick weighed him at Alexis's house today and since that scale said 40.2, he now proudly gets a booster. I dont care how much he may actually weigh....