Connor has had a difficult week at preschool. His fixation on Lightning McQueen has now crossed over into colors....red is called "Lightning McQueen", green is "Chick Hicks" and so on. He insists on wearing his Lightning McQueen jacket and/or the color red and/or his Lightning McQueen shirt.
His teacher informed me on Monday that he was having a rough day due to the fact that they were using the color purple and not the color red. On Tuesday, she said he was a bit whiny, but was impressed that I managed to dress him in blue and not red. He also has a medium-sized wound on his hand from getting it caught in the t-ball holder this weekend. She said he was fussing with it a lot and I informed her that he is indeed a scab picker. One of the grossest things about little kids is their ability to pick scabs until they bleed. In my classroom, I have little sympathy for scab pickers. When I discovered that my own child was a scab picker, I was horrified. We ended covering his wound with a bandaid and then wrapping it in first aid tape so that he didn't peel off the bandaid to pick it. Yick.
So, I get home on Tuesday evening and unpack Connor's school bag. Inside is a note about his day, reflecting on his dramatic behavior and then this:
"Connor is quite the ladies man. All the girls want to play with him. It's pretty cute."
An update on my blood testing from last week....I spoke to the nurse today and my test results ranged normal and said that due to the blood sugar reactions I was having, the doctor has recommended a higher protein/low-carb diet to keep everything in normal ranges. Exercise is in there too, but she said that it would be wise to do the blood work every 2 years and more often if I notice the symptoms returning. Since I have been eating little to no processed foods, I haven't had any real spikes or zombie effects. The plan is to keep it that way.
I took out a bunch of books from the library on Monday and will probably begin South Beach officially, although I am looking at a few different plans. I am actually hungry tonight, but trying not to snack, so I might do some yoga instead.
Anyway, that's the scoop.
5 comments:
Go Connor! Actually, I'm not surprised. He is absolutely adorable :D
Glad to hear your blood sugar is in normal ranges; I think the lower carb diet is definitely a good idea, though. I need to switch to that myself at some point.
Of course he's a charmer! Look at his parents.
Isn't purple in the red family? Would he buy that?
Glad you're OK.
Oh boy, I am not surprised about the girls! I have a little (19) charmer myself. When asked why he wears or does certain things, he tells me, "The ladies love it."
I hope he heals soon and gets settled with the colors/LMQ.
Maybe he'll have a Valentine for next week?!! ;-)
Ooops, I forgot to say I love the South Beach diet when I can behave myself. You don't get hungry. It's very tough the first two weeks but it does rid your body of the sugar cravings. If you have questions, let me know. There's a great South Beach forum to ask questions and/or discuss certain foods and there are lots of recipes.
Hopefully, this is just a transitional phase he is going through and with a little luck, maybe it will work out fairly quickly for him -for you and Tom, too.
I probably mentioned this sometime in the recent past but we've been having issues with Maya in school -she's been being the bully! This really has Mandy very upset but perhaps there was a breakthrough last week as the teacher called and said that the little girl Maya had been bullying finally got her gumption up and "shoved" back! Pretty much startled Miss Maya, it did, too!
And Mandy and I both say "Yay, Yay, Amber! You rule, little girl!"
Hang in there -it will get better -it's just the damned lenght of time it takes before the better arrives.
Peace.
Post a Comment