
I have a few moments to write while Tom re-wraps Connor's non-healing wound. Scab Picker sounds like a bad horror flick, but we are trying to get him to leave it alone so it can heal. He is also fixated on the actual bandaids, which either don't stick or are peeled back for maximum scab access. (we have SpongeBob aka Hot Bob or Sponge Bob Hot Pants bandaids, which also are a point of fascination)
Again, I say, YICK.
Turns out Connor didn't charm everyone in the class as previously mentioned.
The teacher explained that he had shifted his preference from the color red to the color blue today. The coveted blue spot on the rug was taken by another child who got there before Connor. Connor was made to sit in another spot, where he apparently was crying and carrying on. His classmate (with autism who is dealing with the arrival of a new sibling at home..) turned around and gave him a good smack in the face. The teacher dealt with that, but told me that he actually stopped crying after telling her "Don't do that again!" I forced Connor to wear an orange shirt today, which took some effort. He's a pretty willful child.
I have officially begun South Beach today. And let me tell you, I am ravenously hungry right now. I'd like to eat some serious popcorn. Which I have a strong feeling is not South Beach/Phase 1 friendly.
But our daycare provider said today that she thought my hairstyle looked pretty and my makeup was pretty and I just looked healthy and well-rested. Well, shucks! If that isn't motivation, I don't know what is.
Ian visited the Leadership Class at the martial arts studio tonight to observe. They do a lot of martial arts routines and a bit more advanced curriculum. Ian was very impressed when Mr. Meza kicked a block cushion to the ceiling and into his office. Mr. Meza has asked us to consider moving him into this class and from what it looks like, Ian is very interested. He said he could "rememberize" the routines. Tomorrow night is graduation and he will move from orange to purple belt. Then, we might try the new class and see how he does.
Until then, I better go help out with the scab picker and martial artist.
3 comments:
Hmmm. Scab picking, huh? Isn't that a sign of OCB? Maya has something on the top of her right hand. I think it is probably a wart or something similar to that. For quite a while, she didn't seem to realize it is there but now that she is aware of it, we're dealing -or trying to, I should say -with finding ways to keep her from scratching at it. I can't imagine taking her to the doctor to see about removing it because then we would really have major picking and of an actual wound too. It's kind of like a form of stimming to her I think. My older daughter has a few "habits" that could qualify in this category -when she gets really nervous or depressed, she bits her lip. Some times, she does that so much that a portion of her lip will be very swollen. She doesn't bit through it -just sucks/chews on it and then it gets "bent out of shape." Geez, from a five-year-old's nervous issues to those of a 42-year-old -never ends, does it?
Unfortunately popcorn is NOT on the SB diet. There's a nice crunchy treat that you can make though. Buy some low fat shredded cheddar cheese. Drop it in small piles on a paper plate covered with parchment paper. Microwave for a minute (you may have to adjust the time). When they cool, they'll be just like a nacho chip (ok, you have to pretend just a little). They are delish though! Or how about a hand full of almonds? Good luck with it.
That's too funny about Connor telling the teacher not to do it again!
I wish I could rememberize some things myself! ;-)
Glad your blood work came back good. Good luck with the South Beach Diet. Sounds like you have a good mind set about it.
Your kids have so much personality. As for scab picking... I don't know... there's something about a scab that just begs for removal. Even when you know it's a bad idea... it just calls out like a skin siren... "make me go away."
Post a Comment