"Daddy, what are you doing?"
"Mommy, what are you DOing?"
Does it get cuter than this? I am really not sure if we ever get enough of Ian's little phrases nuanced with his own inflection. So many phrases have come and gone, here one week, gone the next. Strangely, I seem to coerce or goad my son into saying these little phrases just to hear them one more time. However, the best part are when his words are so spontaneous, so genuine it just stops you cold. And Tom and I laugh or we just knowingly smile to each other, feeling the impact of that tiny voice touch our heart at the same moment.
I know that there will be many, many things Ian will say over the many, many years I have to get to know him. But the precious tone of his voice will change. His depth of understanding will change. And sometimes, I just wish that he wouldn't change too quickly. And how I desperately wish that my mind will record the sound, the inflection, the exact words and let me close my eyes and hear that innocence hundreds and thousands of times over. And that will not be enough.
1 comment:
Thanks for your comment on my question about blogging. I just had to check out yours, and this is the first one I read. I SO wish I had gotten my son'voice on a recording, but we didn't have a way to do it then (not so long ago, either.) I try not to dwell on it, but I do love their tiny voices as well!
Erin in Okc
Post a Comment