You see so many photos of my boys, so I figured I'd mix it up a bit. Here are my second graders singing a song for their school assembly this morning, using sign language. The school has one of the nicer elementary school amphitheaters. Some of the poor kids were baking in the sun by 9:30am though. That's me conducting off to the left of the photo-which is a rare occasion nowadays. I don't teach choral music anymore and I only do occasional grade level programs-usually kindergarten and I realized that I don't really miss conducting all that much. I am angling for all kindergarten/special education next year and trying to keep my itinerant position instead of teaching full time at one school. Off to learn chess from the master......Ian.
4 comments:
Wow, while I have been hiding out in my cave, you and your family have been BUSY! Looks like life is going well. When are you going to NYC? Sounds like life is good.
I love the picture, and the fact that the children are learning to sign. Everyone should. (says I, who don't really know much of it, but wish I did.)
What fun to see you with your other kids- liked the photo.
Have a great weekend.
That's great about the kids learning sign! My oldest learned a little bit. I wish they'd make the kids learn more of it.
Post a Comment