Friday, February 06, 2009

Purple Belt Leader

Ian graduated to his purple belt this evening, which included a demonstration from the group and the board breaking ceremony. The board represents your goal and breaking the board means you have met and gone beyond the challenge.

We got a sitter for Connor so that Tom and I could make it special for Ian. We treated him to fro-yo after the ceremony. (no indulgences for Thomas or myself, btw)

The song I added to the photos from Fall Out Boy is one of Ian's current favorites. The lyrics aren't exactly kid-perfect, but he makes up his own rendition anyway. It actually is one of the songs that Mr. Meza has on his iPod karate song rotation and it's on my iPod too.

From Exported Videos

9 comments:

bobbie said...

Congratulations, Ian!!

Jeni said...

I was thinking of you and Connor all day yesterday, everytime I would look over at Kurtis and see the little tee shirt Mandy had on him! It is really cute -has Lightning McQueen on it and when Kurtis moves, LIghtning McQueen lights up and flashes! (Kind of along the same principle of the tennis shoes with the flashing lights in the heel, ya know!) Anyway, I asked Mandy where she got it and she said she got it at Kohl's but has seen them at Walmart too. However, she says the ones at Walmart are a little cheaper type fabric. Anyway, if you haven't seen these just thought I'd let you know cause with his fetish for LMcqueen, it might be a good investment. I should have taken a pic of him -or a little video -with it lit up! Maybe next time he wears it I'll try to do that!)
Peace.

julie said...

Aw, what a great video. It's so cool to actually see how he does in his karate class!

Linda Murphy said...

Wow, a Lightning McQueen light up shirt would put Connor over the top! I'd probably have to buy seven, one for each day of the week. Can't wait to see a photo, Jeni.

Raven said...

Bravo Ian! Lovely video. It looks like martial arts are such a great experience for him.... and Mr. Meza looks like such a kind, loving man. Nice photos of all of you.

Unknown said...

You're AMAZING, Ian! lol, Linda for sharing! :D)

Theresa said...

congrats Ian!!! Glad you could make it a special night for him, I am sure he will remember this.

Anonymous said...

congrats Ian, Your did a great job. let me know what color is next.
Love Grandma Sheila

Linda Murphy said...

Hey Grandma S-

Ian says the next belt color is GREEN!

I think that won't happen until the end of March. It is usually about two months in between belts.