Sunday, September 30, 2007

Flashlight Hike at Hayden Butte





Thomas gets the credit for getting all four of us out of the house and onto Hayden Butte, over by ASU. We left close to 6pm and make sure flashlights were in tow. Ian was so worried about losing battery power for his flashlight, that we couldn't get him to turn it on until the last two minutes of the hike.
I took a bunch of photos, trying to figure out different camera settings. It was a little frustrating because there is a lot of camera shake in lower light. But, I had fun and got some fun shots that might not impress too many people more than me.
This is the city of Tempe, with a huge crane working on the high-rise condos. And the picture that captured the best color of the sun setting, even though it really isn't the best picture. I've said this before, but for me, photography is most intriguing when I can photograph people over places. Landscapes are beautiful, but I am not excited about them. Perhaps because I don't have the eye that some folks, like my brother-in-law Michael have. People are my photography bread and butter.

More to come on the next post....my favorite picture of the night and the reward!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Thomas said...

WOOT! I get credit for getting us out of the house! Go Daddy!

Linda gets credit for taking awesome pictures, suggesting Ice cream after our flashlight hike and just being an all around wonderful wife!

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow! Your photos are amazing!! That sounds like such a cool thing to do!

And I love Cold Stone!!

julie said...

Those are gorgeous shots, Linda! What a fun way to spend the evening :) The weather has been just perfect for it, this past week.

Cindy said...

Awesome photos. Let me know next time you hike up there - we would love to join you!

Theresa said...

Loved the flashlite story of Ian:) too cute- got to write that one in his baby book (you are still current on both his and Connors' aren't you?)