1. How do you like your eggs? I like them on someone else's plate and not mine. However, I do enjoy deviled eggs with a good spicy kick. I ate them awhile back for the South Beach Diet and ended up making the turkey rollups over eating the eggs, it was that bad.
2. How do you take your coffee/tea? I like vanilla chai tea with some Splenda and some milk. I don't drink hot coffee usually, but I love frappucinos.
3. Favorite breakfast food: Well, I almost always eat a high fiber cereal, like Fiber One, All Bran with Yogurt Bites and the new Fiber One with the crunchy, fruity stuff in it. Bacon is yummy too, but I hardly ever have it. I am now trying the protein shakes that my sister-in-law is drinking.
4. Peanut butter - smooth or crunchy? I used to like crunchy as a kid, but Thomas didn't like the crunchy kind and I found that the smooth kind is pretty good.
5. What kind of dressing on your salad? There is a jalapeno ranch that is awesome, but I will also have balsamic vinegarette. Why can I not spell that word?
6. Coke or Pepsi? I like Diet Coke with Splenda AND Diet Pepsi. However, today happens to be my first day without drinking soda, so bottoms up on the water.
7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Dino nuggets for the boys, usually or we have apples and peanut butter. I also have no problem ordering something. My wallet has a problem with that though.
8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? New York style-always. And I like plain cheese but I also like veggies.
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Maybe chicken or salmon. I like making spaghetti and meatballs, since everyone will actually eat it. Apparently, this question and answer are very important, since it will not let me turn the BOLD type off.
10. Do any foods bring back good memories? I remember sitting my mom's lap and asking for tough steak (flank steak) and trees (broccoli). We also ate a LOT of rice, sometimes yellow, which I still need to try and make myself. And any meal that Jeff makes is just such a pleasant memory to have-he is our Top Chef.
11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? There are three. One is pork chops. For some reason, I don't like them. My mom did (because we liked the opposite foods, of course) and would make them. I am certain I threw a fit every time she made them. She always told me, if you don't like what I make, then you cook.
The third is my favorite story to tell. My mother, being the harried single mom that she was, happened to pour orange juice instead of milk on my Fruit Loops cereal. She made me eat them anyway.
12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Rice reminds me of my dad. Linguini and shrimp remind me of Karen, because she makes a killer dish of that. Appetizers, chips and dips and I think Terri. Cookies remind me of Cindy. Scalloped potatoes remind me of my mom. Liverwurst reminds me of my grandmother (she could stomach all the yucky meats). Spaghetti reminds me of Thomas because he HAS to order that at every decent Italian restaurant. Applesauce reminds me of Connor because he loves to eat it and wear it as a decoration. Pig reminds me of all of my cousins and my cousin Pablo eating the ear off of the poor pig. And all foods wonderful and amazing remind me of my brother-in-law Jeff, who is hands down, the best chef I know.
13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Maple syrup. Liver.
14. What was your favorite food as a child? I was the annoying picky eater that my son is bringing full circle. I loved chicken and rice and the scalloped potatoes. Super carb.
15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? Unlike Stacy, I will eat beets, but I hated them as a kid. I also hated squash, but love it now.
16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? I hate sugary cereals. I loved all of them as a kid, Cap'n Crunch, Alpha-Bits (what HAPPENED to that educational cereal, btw?? I wanted to get some for Ian and it is off the shelf!) all the gross ones, I loved them.
17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: My favorite fruit is probably apples and avocados (it's a fruit!) and I love all vegetables, every last one of them.
18. Favorite junk food: Chips and salsa. Tops. I also enjoy popcorn.
19. Favorite between meal snack: During school, I have an apple or whatever fruit I toss in the lunch bag. I usually have a Fiber One granola bar in there too, but I am trying to find a better snack that is more filling.
20. Do you have any weird food habits? Cranberry sauce. I cannot eat cranberry sauce on the same plate as the rest of my Thanksgiving food. I usually eat it last and I usually have a separate dish for it. I hate having it touch the rest of my food. But I love eating cranberry sauce!
21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Hmm. I try to eat more fruits and salads. I try to cut out the soda and drink more water.
22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? Pizza. Chips. You name it, I probably would enjoy it!
23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Bring on the spicy!
24. Can I get you a drink? I like sangria.
25. Red wine or white? I like zinfindel. I am the anti-wine connoiseiur (what is wrong with my spelling tonight!?!?) I know nothing about what wine tastes better and why. I really have no interest either.
26. Favorite dessert? Something to share with my husband-usually chocolate! I love a really good ice cream for dessert.
27. The perfect nightcap? I am trying not to nightcap! The midnight munchies are a killer!
2 comments:
I'm laughing at some of your answers. I cannot believe your mom made you eat that cereal. I also cannot believe someone ate the poor piggy's ear!!
I'd rather my eggs on someone else's plate too. I'll eat 'em if I have to but not my favorite. I love devilled or hard boiled.
Sugar cookies remind me of you :) and also Sangria.
Hope your caffine free day is going well- good start on the protien shake today.
Post a Comment