Sunday, September 30, 2007

Soccer-once again

The boys had their fourth game this weekend. Ian in all his three-year-oldness, doesn't remain focused during practice or games. He follows the running boys about, but you can tell he isn't quite sure what is going on. Some of the boys on the team are a little older and have a better understanding of how to make goals and how to play in general. No worries, it will come. (don't worry, Dad-he'll figure it out!)
Even Trevor seemed less animated today and that is not the usual Trevor. But my favorite is watching Trevor continue to kick the ball out of bounds and run on kicking the ball into the next field.
I liked this photo, just had to include it.
And a Ian-Trevor moment of goofing around on the field. There wasn't much silliness today. Ian had a meltdown of epic proportions after the game because he wanted a sno-cone. This was followed by being carried off of the field to the car. Trevor spent the day with us, but Ian's terrible three's are at full-tilt, so I took Trevor home and left Ian behind. I vote to rename the "Terrible Twos" moniker to "Terrible Threes". Seriously.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the goofing off photo- Ian's smile is so cute- hard to believe that cute little boy has the epic meltdown you described :)

Yes at this point in time just being on a team and having fun is the important thing the goals will come later.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Thomas said...

Ian is doing fine with soccer. It is just for fun anyway. I really did like when the ball went out of bounds and they just kept going into the next field. Connor wanted to play too and walked out onto the field a few times.

Regarding the Sno-Cone incident... I was going to pick up DQ on the way home and mentioned that to Ian. Every kid deserves a treat after a well played game. But he only wanted a Sno-Cone from the well placed Sno-Cone stand on the field that only takes cash! My calm explanation of a forthcoming treat at the DQ drive-thru was ignored I think that was Ian's biggest melt-down to date. I literally had to carry him kicking and screaming over my shoulder all the way to the van.

On a brighter note, last night Linda went over to Cindy's house for some girly crochet time. so I got to hang out with the boys! We bought little flashlights at Target and played flashlight tag in the backyard. Ian picked red and Connor picked blue. CLICK! We might go for an sunset hike at South Mountain tonight and bring our flashlights! CLICK!

Deborah said...

Love the photos. Soccer is so cute at that age...we called it herd ball, LOL! Adorable boys. ANd I agree...3 was much worse than two!

Mr. Bob said...

Not for nothing, but I second that "terrible three's" motion. Not that the two's are a pumpkin pickin' jamboree hayride... "No" is hardly a part of the vocabulary at Two, and the littlun's can't get a good full swing at your overexposed crotch (yes-OVERexposed- as a parent-any time you can get hit there- it's overexposed) until at least three.