Sunday, March 22, 2009

Second Generation Friends

Tom and Bob have been friends since they were three years old and Bob is considered one of the Murphy clan. It was great to have them accompany us to the museum.

Ian declared, "Hey, I remember that kid!" after meeting Bobby again. The boys got along very well, constantly looking for each other to stand next to or to make a hand-holding train in the streets. We absolutely wish that they could hang out all the time, because they became such fast friends. Their personalities seem to be a perfect fit.

As it turns out, the young friends have a lot in common, including chess. Here the boys are challenging Bob to a game. Lots of silliness ensued and I'll be honest that I didn't pay much attention as Suz and Jeff set me up with some delicious sangria.

At one point, the boys were curled up on the couch, playing Leapster. I was impressed how relaxed and flexible Ian was about sharing his Legos, Leapster and playing chess, since he enjoys laying down the law about how to do things the right way.

My favorite picture, taken by Christina-their expressions are just so cute. We cannot wait until the summer to get these boys back together again for more adventures AND see the first generation and second generation friends all together! I've got some photo opps stewing in my head already.

Thanks for hanging with Ian and me!


4 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh how cute!!! Glad Ian had a buddy during his visit.

Aunt Sooooz said...

We love the Vilbigs! Little Bobby was a ton of fun and super cute too. It did warm my heart to see the second generation getting along so well. I have fond memories of the first generation and Bob is definitely a fourth brother.

Theresa said...

so glad the boys had so much fun togehter. I liked the french fri story :)

tweety612 said...

We had such a good time with you guys. Can't wait to see you again in July! There's a children's museum in Nassau county-maybe that can be a place to go. Or maybe a Ducks game. Let me know what you're in the mood for and I'll keep my eye out for deals.