Sunday, July 19, 2009

And My Final Answer Is........


During our summer vacations, my sister-in-laws, mother-in-law and I take a day off and enjoy some lunch and spa time. Since none of us seemed to be in the mood to take a lot of family photos, this happens to be a photo from last year's spa in California. This year we returned to a spa out on the east end of Long Island for some pampering and some lunch at a great Italian restaurant. ("you got your awesome Italian guys, great Italian women, great Italian food....")

This year, most of the crew was staying at Kristen and Chris' house this year and I decided to take a night off before spa night to hang out with my favorite sisters. Terri has a fun conversation starter game with bunches of questions and she brought along the girlfriend version of the game. So, we sat around the table, drinking sangria and wine, answering questions.

One of the questions-and I cannot recall the exact question-but was something about a famous person that you resemble. I could not think of anyone until I looked at Raven's blog this morning and saw someone that is the closest resemblance I have seen yet. Actually, I wish I resembled her more for her accomplishments, but I think I might be a little too opinionated and underqualified for her position. Decision making isn't a strong point, but hopefully it is hers.



Sonia Sotomayor Me!

Now, my family will want to take note that she is of Puerto Rican descent. I will not elaborate on this comment, but I know that will be of interest to them. I, of course, am other Latina. With respect to her nomination process, I am going to skip the political banter, because I am on vacation until Tuesday.

I will also add that I do not in any way resemble Margaret Thatcher. This one's for you, Chris!


4 comments:

Theresa said...

Love the post and your quick wit on this one :) Always fun hanging out togehter :)

Michelle Quinno said...

Yes, you do look somewhat like her but you're much prettier! I'm not sure who I look like. I won't even touch on the political parts. ;-)

Looks like a fun time!

Raven said...

There really is a resemblance! You are wise to not comment on the hearings. It's amazing that this country survives the people who allegedly govern.

An annual Spa sounds like such a wonderful idea. What a great way to spend time with those you love. Sounds like you have been having a great summer. Can you believe July is almost over?

Aunt Sooooz said...

You are hilarious! I love it. Hmmm, who DOES want to be Margaret Thatcher?! There is a resemblance between you and Sonia, but you are much prettier. So much fun hanging out with you all. I miss you guys already.