As my birthday rolls around this weekend, my son Ian proclaimed:
"Mommy, I got you TWO PRESENTS. They are awesome, you can't even believe it!"
Apparently, Tom took him to Target once, where he forgot his wallet. They returned a second time where Ian has gotten me a birthday gift. So, I have been messing around with him.
"Hey, Ian. Can you tell me what my present is?"
"No."
"How about a hint?"
"I am NOT telling you. So stop asking."
"Is it a girly present?"
"Okay, Mommy. If you ask me one more time, you are NOT getting the present at all!"
Connor this week asked,
"Mommy, are you girly?"
"Probably. Are you?"
"No, I Connor." (plays with my hair for a moment) "Mommy, that better? Mommy, that girly?" Sooo funny.
And tonight, after being put to bed, Ian comes out of his room like this:
My impatience for them to fall asleep is much greater than finding out my birthday present.
6 comments:
Well, you only have one more day to wait. Then you'll know if it's a girly gift.
Your boys are good, not telling you. When mine where little, they would let it slip, or give me such broad hints I had to know.
I am so glad you got a picture of that. He looks so serious!
:D
I loved his response about if you ask me one more time, you aren't getting the present!!! LOL Wonder where he heard that line before, huh?
That is way too funny!! I guess he knows the drill about asking one more time. :-))
And Connor's question was too cute.
When is your bday? I hope you have a great one!
I have to ask, what is that on Ian's face? Please don't tell me it is a (toy) snake.
I love it that if you ask again you won't get your present. (now WHO could that be from?) Don't you love it when what you say comes back at you.
Happy birthday I love you.
Yes and sorry, Grandma S, that is a toy snake, purchased from the San Diego Zoo. Take comfort that it is completely fake. When he comes home with a pretend tarantula, then there will be serious problems.
I am sure my mother is hearing echoes of herself being passed down as well.....
Post a Comment