As usual, my photos are a bit out of order and I don't want to take the time to actually fix it.
The blog has been quiet as we spent over two weeks with our families in New York. It's impossible to choose photos, considering I had 247 photos alone on my camera. I really did try to narrow them down.
Connor and I flew standby to Long Island and drove up to the Hudson Valley, where my mom lives. Thomas stayed back in Phoenix to recover from septoplasty for a deviated septum, with Ian as his caretaker.
But, in the following photos, these were the days that Tom and Ian spent up with my mom. We visited the Rhinebeck Aerodrome, housing many old time airplanes with air shows on the weekends. Unfortunately, we had to take a "wind check" because the planes couldn't fly. Instead, we ended up at the Eveready Diner, voted the Best Diner and I believe the biggest Hudson Valley eyesore.


Instead of taking any remote interest in the airplanes, Ian amused himself with several broken tree branches and sticks.
Fourth of July down in Waryas Park, on the waterfront of the Hudson River. My mom said this was the first 4th of July celebration for the city in several years. The funniest part was the SUV whose car alarm continued to go off on the loudest fireworks.
The Mid-Hudson Children's Museum, where we met Stacy and her daughter for an afternoon. Connor enjoyed the trains and the fire truck.
The Hudson Valley Renegades game, with season tickets right next to home plate, playing against the Vermont Lake Monsters. (thanks, Uncle Rudy!) Due to the incredible deluge of rain, we waited until 10:30pm for the game actually begin. The Renegades treated us to a fireworks show and free admission to another game for waiting it out. We only stayed until the fourth inning, but the seats were great. As a transplanted Phoenician, I tried to welcome the rainy weather, but ended up being sick of it like the rest of the East Coasters.
Our walk in Stacy's neighborhood. Dan and Stacy honored us by allowing us to be the first to watch their infant daughter while they went to a movie alone. Their daughter is beautiful and I was so happy to be able to give them the gift of having an afternoon off, since so many people do that for me. Did Stacy call five minutes after leaving the house? Yes! Did the baby survive our babysitting? Yes! The boys treated her to constant rounds of rambunctious entertainment and several renditions of "If You're Happy and You Know It".
I really like to take photos of my family, especially when they are happy and enjoying each other's company. On a particularly nice afternoon, we sat outside with Connor and I happen to catch some of my favorite photos of my mom and Connor to date.

A sweaty, sleepy and content grandson.
My mom and I took the boys to miniature golf and bumper boats on our last day together. Connor didn't quite get how to play, but enjoyed himself anyway. Ian cheated big time, but no one was keeping score. We couldn't take photos on the bumper boats, but it was a quiet day so the guy gave us a super long time to ride the boats.

The boys and I gave my mom a grandmother necklace and a new photo frame for her to fill.
I don't see my mom very often and the boys enjoyed spending time with her, especially Connor who got the most time with her. And don't worry Mom, I will send the flash drive with ALL of the photos. Although, it might be more than one flash drive.
We love you.
5 comments:
Awww, those are great photos. Your mom has a wonderful smile :)
love the one of Connor with the firemans hat on- he is just tooooo cute! Glad you had fun with your mom.
What a lovely post. I think you look like your mom.
Welcome home.
Looks like you had a great time with your family! Love the photos of your mom and Connor. You can tell they were having fun!
I forgot to say, "See?" on the rain! It was awful. Now we have the a/c on. It's pretty muggy out there and tomorrow it will rain once again.
Sorry you got our nasty weather while visiting!
Post a Comment