Man, this is a long week! Going back to work seems to make the week feel like an eternity. Here are some things that I have learned this week:
-I despise teaching in the middle of 115 degree weather. Especially when children are kept indoors for seven hours straight.
-I despise 115 degree weather, period.
-You can tell how a Kindergarten class is going to behave based on their first few days and how their teacher manages their behavior. Tom and I talked about that tonight. Actually, it goes for almost any grade.
-I love my Special Education classes. The high school kids were a great deal of fun. Over half of the one class is non-verbal, but they had a wonderful time with instruments. My colleague and I are writing a grant to get some adaptive instruments to share between us for our classes. It feels like I am the one being rewarded. These are terrific kids.
-I hate saying goodbye to the boys in the morning.
-School has me obsessing that Ian will start Kindergarten in less than two weeks. Honestly, I don't know how true 9-to-5 working parents do it. I am agonizing over his after school care. I have to find Connor a daycare that can bus him and that I can afford. I keep railing on the inside over how things will work out. I wish it were easier.
-Life isn't as bad as I make it out to be. I just get tired and cranky when I think about it all.
-The musical birthday message from my favorite singing sister-in-law was a lovely end to my school day today. Thanks, Terri! We'll get swim photos going for you.
-My free birthday ice cream from Cold Stone will be delicious tomorrow!
Okay....off to celebrate that is Friday tomorrow. Finally!
6 comments:
Oh, I don't know how you do it! 115 is bad when you are sitting down just being lethargic, never mind actually doing something like teaching or anything else! It must be horrible. I'm glad you enjoy the high school group.
Hope you find a reasonable day care for Connor. I cannot believe Ian will be in kindergarten! Wow, they are growing up fast.
Yay, to the FREE Coldstone ice cream! Enjoy every last bite.
he he he Suzie did you read that???
I'm here favorite and no winks either!!!
Glad you like your singing b-day wish. Stay Cool and enjoy the weekend!
115 is just wrong!
it's OK to get cranky, it's even necessary at times
I wonder how we do it Linda--for these 3 months out of the year anyway. :)
I really do not know how you do it in heat like that! We have had the high 80's for way too long now, and I'm dying.
Aren't weekends wonderful though?
Your boys are going to be fine, I just know it. But a mama is going to agonize over it no matter what.
115 sucks in general. Free birthday ice cream from CS is always the bomb.
Post a Comment