Saturday, July 25, 2009

Birthday Blastoff

Well, it's a quiet morning, but we are heading for donuts and the pool for swim time. But the best moment of the morning has already happened.

Connor, whom we are loosely potty-training and who sits happily with no action whatsoever, was instructed to check potty this morning.

No one was in there, the lights were off and I happened to walk by and notice there's was action in the potty!!

I know! Why the heck would I blog this? Is it TMI?

Nah, it's my birthday. And a great present that he actually knew what to do.
I doled out handfuls of M&M's (Ian has been "potty assistant" although he was MIA for this operation) and Connor got some rock star treatment for about five minutes.

Rest of the day....getting Tom's car at Honda (he says he is on a first-name basis with the shuttle driver-not a good sign) picking up Cold Stone ice cream cupcakes (yes, I am branching off from our traditional Carvel cake and going for the cupcake. Of course, we could get both....) then trying to decide dinner with the boys and Julie and Sean. Let's just say sangria WILL be on the menu. Also thinking about treating myself to a brand-new nail polish color, like turquoise. Oh, and the mysterious presents to be opened later too.


I really believe you are as old as you act. I probably border on acting too young, but despite the skunk stripe I seem to be growing in the middle of my head, I am happy and healthy with a great family and terrific friends.

And a kid who is actually using the potty. I mean, what's not to be happy about?? :)

8 comments:

Thomas said...

What a great post!

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, you are the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!

May your day be filled with even more happiness than Connors present.
Can't wait to see what Ian gave you.

Love you
Sheila

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I say that is a pretty darn good present. Pretty soon - no more diapers.

bobbie said...

Happy Birthday, Linda!
I'm ashamed. I was all set to wish you one first thing this morning, but I got side-tracked. Glad you had a good day!

Jeni said...

Finally getting around to doing my late-night blog reading and I come across this post. Connor gave you what probably will be known in the future as you most memorable birthday present ever!

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh, I am so sorry I missed it!! I hope you had a fantastic day, Linda! I love Ian's note. That is too cute. So you need to dish about your gift that he was keeping a secret.

I've never tried the Coldstone Creamery cupcakes. Are they actually ice cream in the shape of a cupcake? Yum either way!

I act too young as well. I think it's good for the soul. One thing I won't do is try blue, green or orange nail polish. Sorry, I just can't do that at almost .... I can't say it... its the F word and it's not forty.

Raven said...

Belated happy birthday! Carvel or Cold Stone sounds good to me!

Glad your boys are treating you well.

Unknown said...

Like Raven, I too must add: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :D)