Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Feast One Hundred Ninety One

Appetizer

What is the nearest big city to your home?

Phoenix. We technically live in the suburbs of Phoenix, but we basically live in Phoenix.

Soup

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?

I would say an 9. I know that I have had people tell others some of my most personal problems and secrets without my consent and also share my joys before I actually could do it myself. It was honestly very hurtful, so I try to be careful and mindful to remember how that feels if I do that to others. However, I do forget and become human, but I am working on this. But I have also learned not to confide in people as much because of getting burned so much .

Salad

Describe your hair (color, texture, length).

I have some of the worst hair in the history of hair. It is fine, weak and breaks off considerably. It falls out all the time and it is stuck between wanting to be straight and being wavy/curly. I have two horrendous cowlicks that force me to blow dry my hair each day in order to tame them and get them not to create a bald spot. It is oily if I don't wash it every day, yet it is also dry from being in the Phoenix weather. It is originally dark brown with more gray every day. I color it now and I have been coloring it black bordering on shoe polish so that it doesn't look red, which I really don't like red color in my hair at all. It is just about to my shoulders almost a year and a half after cutting it short in January 2007. Did I also mention that my hair grows agonizingly slow?? Sigh!

Main Course

What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow?

As I get older, I am a much more laid-back driver. I am happy to go the speed limit or just above and sit in the right lane. I don't enjoy passing cars much to my husband's chagrin. He will pass cars just because the car is there. However, I do tailgate and that is a lifelong problem. My mother hangs on for dear life when she rides with me and I don't think I am THAT bad. Maybe I am. I do have a streak of New York driving once and awhile. I do follow other cars really well(probably due to my tailgating skills). Once I successfully followed my father-in-law driving in a three-car caravan in Brooklyn. I also used to drive my professors in and out of New York City during college for money-one teacher lived in Harlem. That was always a fun time.

Here in Phoenix though, I would really love to take out a few of those pedestrians who think they have the right of way no matter what the situation. Another confounding problem for Phoenix drivers are four-way stops and that mysterious water falling from the sky. Good lord, people.

Dessert

When was the last time you had a really bad week?

Um, this week? Last week? Two weeks ago? Every week this month?? The one coming up? We are swamped with sooo much. My house looks like ghetto-zone and I am averaging about 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Tom is about the same. Oh, so looking forward to the end of school. Which is in two weeks.

5 comments:

julie said...

That's funny about your mom - your driving isn't scary!

Raven said...

A tail-gaiter, eh? Do you think that's actually a repressed desire to speed? I miss driving. Never drove in NYC. You must driving nerves of steel if you did that on a regular basis and survived.

Hope you are going to Wordzzle this week.

Unknown said...

In the history of hair? Hmmm? Hey, I'll bet you and I live close to Alice Cooper! We should all meet for coffee or Gatorade soon! Just e-mail me!

Michelle Quinno said...

You are too funny! Got a chuckle out of a few things but the bordering shoe polish comment was the funniest!

You poor thing....I don't think I could survive on that sleep. Hope the next two weeks go really fast for you and that you can get some rest soon!

Kathy M said...

I didn't know you lived the Phoenix area.