Sunday, July 27, 2008

Birthday Bliss

Friday was my 3* th birthday-the first time that I have EVER had to work on my birthday, which I know, I know-many folks work on their birthdays, but having a summer birthday and being a teacher, I just missed that. However, my co-worker made my day by remarking that he was very surprised at how old I actually am, thinking I was only 30 or 31. Brownie points for him.

I spent much of the morning in meetings and fixing my schedule, but following that, I called home and found that Tom needed glue for "something" and sounded quite busy. I decided to hop over and get a pedicure before coming home.

Upon arriving at home my lovely boys had some presents and had purchased the traditional birthday cake. Ian presented me with a gorgeous handcrafted necklace made from his preschool camp beads. He informed me all week that "Mommy, you like girly stuff. I am going to make you a girly necklace and it will be sooo girly." Here it is and I love it. Later this evening at the bookstore, the cashier complimented my necklace and its creator, who beamed when she exclaimed how colorful it was.

Tom got me a juicer machine, which I was researching all week. I didn't consider that he would buy me a juicer-I was planning to use some of my gift money, but he did. Actually, we went and got a different one today instead, but we also have a ton of fruits and veggies to juice, so I am very excited about that. Thanks, PUP!

My pedicure-blue for going back to work, but happy flowers to keep positive! Actually, Annika and Trevor created a super cute lollipop tree in a hand-painted planter, along with a lovely shade of indigo nail polish, so I cannot wait to use that too! Thank you, Wines family!

Here I am with my loot, along with several Target gift cards (apparently everyone knows that I am a Target fan) and my Starbucks passionfruit iced tea treat.

The boys enjoyed the Monsters Etc bag-now I know what to get them for their birthdays...

The delicious ice cream cake! We even opted to eat ice cream cake before dinner-the boys were delighted with that idea.

En route to the NY pizza dinner, the boys conked out. A long day of birthday shopping, present making and ice cream cake indulgence.

One of our favorite pizza stops in Chandler, AZ. The owner is from Long Island and the pizza is excellent. So excellent that the four of us finished an entire pie.

We tried to get Connor to look up, but he ignores everything once his food is in front of him.

We stopped at Borders where the boys enjoy climbing the story steps and Ian immediately picked out the Star Wars poster.


Thank you to everyone who made my day so special. In addition to all of this, I received some of the most beautiful cards. One from my dad which was really special to me-Dad, I am really proud for you and thank you for giving me some new insight and information. I loved it and love you. Also, thank you for the birthday money too. One of my best friends, Shannon gave me a card that said she would pick me for a sister if she could. One of the greatest compliments in the world and knowing that neither of us actually has a sister-it makes it very special. I would pick her a million times over. Thanks, Shan! Plus bonus pictures of her gorgeous children-already on the fridge for us to see every day.

My mom sent a Target gift card and a very cute and funny card. Thanks, Mom! Also, Terri and Michael sent me a Target card (I LOVE TARGET, that must be apparent, huh?) and a very cute card. Thank you! I'll let you know what birthday goody I find there. I promised my mom it wouldn't be for the boys either.

And thank you to Tom for all of the birthday fun and especially the blog post. That was the sweetest and I feel so loved and happy.

You guys make turning 3* so much fun! Thank you!!

(p/s) this is about my quota for the year of pictures of myself. Seriously.

6 comments:

Thomas said...

Happy B-Day Pup. We are glad you enjoyed your day!

T

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, great photos! You look like you had a great day. I just love your necklace!! Very stunning on you.

I need to pay more attention to my SBA address/bday list. I really would love to have sent you a card!

I chuckled at the beautiful photos of the boys, especially the one where they are sleeping. I have one of my son and his little gf (our neighbor's daughter born on the same day as my son) when they were only 3. Too cute.

Jeni said...

I've been a bit of a slacker in the blog reading/posting department the past couple of days so didn't realize it was your birthday. But it looks like you had a really great time -love the necklace too!
Just think, you can celebrate again and again with all those great Target gift cards too!
Happy Birthday Linda -a couple days late in greeting you but better late than never!

Dianne said...

You look so tan and lovely and happy!

and I could have sworn you were 29.

what a great day you had and you deserve it.

I love all the photos.

Theresa said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day, loved the post and pictures of your day.

Raven said...

Looks like your men did well by you! So glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Those toenails are cool... and it looks like you made a good birthday haul. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!