My blog has been a bit dried up this summer and I hope I will be able to get back into the groove of writing regularly once school begins. Oh, did I mention school begins on MONDAY?!?! My school district is year-round, but coming from the East Coast (and the rest of the nation, really) where school begins when it should, after Labor Day, my poor brain cannot wrap itself around returning to work in July.
After a delightful evening at the Desert Botanical Gardens with Aunt Ginny on Thursday (a flashlight tour of the gardens with informational stops about some of my favorite topics: Toads, Snakes, Scorpions, Spiders as well as interesting desert plant and tree information. Actually, I think Aunt Ginny might have been more afraid of the snakes, spiders, etc. than I. ) Ian handled the evening well (his question about frogs: "Do frogs swim?") until the end of the night when we could have used him and his body to light our path from his glowing skin. It was over 110 degrees that day and he felt entirely too warm, but we thought he was drinking plenty of water.
At home, we discovered he had a 102 temperature. He woke up the next morning with "buggies in my throat" and so we got him in to Dr. Mike that morning. Turns out he had strep, so we started antibiotics and some Advil to bring down the fever. Later that morning, he assisted in changing the bedsheets and proceeded to try jumping on Connor's bed. He played Legos and appeared to feel much better.
Cut to 5:30am when he arrives in our bedroom crying. Normally we are mean parents and don't allow our children to sleep in our bed. I relented and he had a drink and fell asleep well. At 8:00am, the return visit of his drink was unpleasant. He barfed several times in the morning and wept about "the buggies in his tummy" and how he didn't want to be sick anymore. He finally fell asleep on the couch for about three hours and woke up feeling more chipper and ready to play. He worked on a pirate puzzle for an hour and then spent the evening with Daddy working on Legos.
Poor kid. No fun being sick. I will say that I spent all day yesterday washing our regular laundry. Today I spent much of the day rewashing sheets, pillows, the couch covers, blankets, their clothes (oh, yes, Connor wet his bed today too...might as well get it all in) and went to the store for more bleach.
All I hope is that tomorrow will be a barf-free, laundry-free day on my last day of summer freedom.
2 comments:
Yes here is to a fun yet relaxing last day of summer! I have been sleeping into about 9 am- school is going to be quite an awakening- glad to know that Ian is feeling better.
I find it hard to believe any one is more afraid of bugs than you!
Tough couple of days. Don't forget to write to me when the kids are sick and I can send some reiki. I'll do them later this evening. It is hot and muggy here. (Chilly by AZ standards, I know, but there's no AC to temper it and I'm old and allowed to whine.) Hope everyone is feeling better soon and that the laundry is done for good. If it's any comfort, Tara Grace periodically barfs on my bed. Sigh.
Post a Comment