Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Feast One Hundred Ninety Six

Appetizer

When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?

About three weeks ago, prior to vacation.

Soup

Name one thing you miss about being a child.

Feeling how long the day seemed. The days, weeks and months seem to pass so quickly now.

Salad

Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.

Olive oil, followed closely by butter, although I usually keep margarine in the house.

Main Course

If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?

Well, I need to practice my Spanish quite a bit, but I also mentioned this weekend that it would be interesting to learn an Asian language, perhaps Mandarin, to explore a language that I don't know anything about.

Dessert

Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…

Working full time (of course), have two kids in school full time and hopefully be more involved in non-profit and/or writing. At any rate, to have a different career path in action. Maybe living in a different area too. Who really knows!

5 comments:

Dianne said...

the days do fly by don't they!

welcome back

hope you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Linda! Sorry we all missed each other while you were here. Hope you and the family had a great time!

I agree with your soup...the last two years for me have flown faster than I can blink. *HUGS & SMILES*

Theresa said...

Yep where has the time gone?
I would of thought you would keep butter on hand with those butter eaters.

What no vacation pictures(you must still have at least 300 to chose from!)

Raven said...

Welcome back! Hope it was a great vacation. There's a theory about why time goes faster as we age and I love sharing it, so... According to this theory it feels like time goes faster because when you are a year old a year is 100% of your life but as we age a year becomes relatively smaller proportionately. So at 20, a year is a 20th of your life, at 50 a 50th, etc. so it feels relatively shorter.

Welcome home. Hope you took lots of pictures.

Michelle Quinno said...

Hmmm...I hope you're moving back this way!

Nice feast. It's good to have you back. I hope the vacation was nice.