Friday, January 04, 2008

Family Resemblance?

After uploading my pictures tonight, one in particular gave me pause. I realized that Ian has a lot of resemblance to me as a young child. Minus the ponytails, of course. What do you think?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think so. It's harder to see resemblance between ourselves & our children when they're of the opposite gender (even though my son looks more like daddy, he has my mouth shape and smile..maybe my puggy nose, too. LOL!) but it is definitely there. Cute pics!

Theresa said...

Very cute picture of a young you in pony tails- I see the resemblance especialy in the eyes.

Very fun post :)

Jeni said...

Two really great posts, back-to-back there, Kid! Loved seeing all the photos and my yes, there is a strong resemblance there between you and Ian. In one of the trip photos -he's squatting down on his haunches -and I thought boy, I see even more likeness there between him and you. I so envy you and Tom and the way you are trying to build memories -good teaching memories at that - for your little guys. Makes me wistful that my kids never had two parents who thought to do things like that for them. That's a great thing you are doing for them - and for yourselves in the process as well - building great family time together that way.

Thomas said...

Today Ian said this to Linda totally out of the blue during lunch time.

"Mommy, yesterday when you were six years old you were and little girl and you had pony tails! HA HA HA!"

Linda and responded together. "What? Ooohhh... the picture."