Saturday, January 19, 2008

What I Want

When pressed with this broad and painful question, I want to cower and put the world in line in front of me. I am being too polite for my own good.

I want to be loved and supported in person.

I want to love and support others in person.

I want to kick the crap out of autism and someday I want to find out how it came barging through my door, uninvited. Ditto the sensory processing disorder.

I want to be inspired to live and not just breathe.

I want to sit quietly and work. Write. And maybe love and support others in words.

I want to do one or two things really, really well. Not ten things.


I want all of my friends and family to want to live in the same place. Ha, ha, ha.

I want to feel settled. I want to feel like home is home.
I am tired of feeling temporary.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

It's is good to put these things down in writing and prioritize them (I am sure Michael would agree)

You deserve everything on your list!

Aunt Kathie said...

Seems to me that you already have 4 or 5 out of the seven taken care of... I have no doubt that you will show autism "what for" before you are done as well. You seem to be off to a great start with your son on that front.

Found another good quote as I was doing my "one click" rounds this morning and thought I'd share it with you. It doesn't really particularly apply to this post but if I don't post it now I'll forget it.

"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see." ~ John W. Whitehead

Michelle Quinno said...

Yes, you seem to be kicking Autism's butt by learning how to deal with it successfully.

It's a great list.

Wouldn't it be nice to have all of your friends in one place? I think of this a lot with my family scattered across the country.