Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday Feast One Hundred Seventy Six

Appetizer
What is your favorite beverage?

For everyday beverages, I like soda (trying NOT to drink it lately!) and I drink water.

For once and awhile, I like Starbucks mocha fraps and sangria.

Soup
Name 3 things that are on your computer desk at home or work.

Well, I don't have a computer desk. The table where my computer has my computer, a paper with Connor's speech therapy ideas and underneath are the kids books.

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how honest do you think you are?

Oooh, probably a 8. I am probably the most honest with my husband. Sometimes I am too nice on work-related issues instead of being upfront with things. And sometimes, rather than be honest, I don't say anything in the course of conversation.

Main Course
If you could change the name of one city in the world, what would you rename it and why?

Of course, I am blanking out on cities at the moment......I'll have to come back to that!

Dessert
What stresses you out? What calms you down?

Too many things happening at once stress me out. I don't handle many tasks at the same time very well. I also get stressed when Connor is throwing himself around.

Peace and quiet calm me down, along with meditation. I also find writing to be a good stress release.

6 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

You know, when I said I was a 9.5 on being honest, I forgot about white lies I tell when trying not to hurt someone. I won't ever tell the truth if it hurts. I guess I'm probably closer to your 8.

Have a great weekend!

daysies said...

thanks for commenting on my blog! :) yeah, sometimes things are better left unsaid. truth hurts sometimes and there's a time & place for everything.

Houston is hot & humid.
Dallas (where i live) is hot & dry.
Phoenix (as i understand) is hot & super hot! LOL

have a great weekend, too!

julie said...

Phoenix has felt pretty darn cold this past couple weeks, though - down to 27 at night in some places. Brr!

I think if anyone claimed a 10 on the honesty scale, they'd probably be lying. :)

Jeni said...

Hmmm. I think someone on my blog favs list who does the Friday Feast said they were probably a ten but be darned if I can remember now who it was. Yeah- kind of hard to imagine someone ALWAYS being that up front and gut-level honest. I'm not even that upfront and honest with my kids cause too much honesty can be just as bad as too little of it.
And, by the way kiddo -you do a good job with the writing so it must work pretty well for you then as a calming agent.

Theresa said...

although I can be brutally honest to Michael (he always tells me to be painfully honest but don't cause pain?? what?!)

I am like you, I try not to say anything if I don't want to tell the truth on something

fun feast

going to the spa calms me :) and vegging infront of the tv

Cindy said...

Not speaking is always the best way. I have had to use that and change the subject lately - Annika has asked me if Santa is real!!

Talk of mocha fraps makes me want to go on one of our Starbucks runs!!