Other Alias: Houdini
MO: Removing right shoe, socks and regular pants
Surprise Tactics: Removing diapers while outer garments remain intact, wearing underpants as outer garment
Weapons of Choice: Cars cars and outrageous cuteness
This little Houdini was hanging out with me while Ian and Thomas ran errands. I had removed a ton of the boys laundry and put it on the couch to fold. Connor was extremely helpful in removing all of the clothes from the couch and placing them on the floor. He found a pair of Ian's Cars underwear and tried pulling them onto one leg. After great frustration, he handed me the underwear. I obliged him by putting the underwear on over his diaper and onesie. He proceeded to running in circles, happy-go-lucky.
I was about to get him dressed for bed (yes, he wore this ensemble all day) and realized this is a photo opp, as he has accessorized with one croc shoe on and applesauce remnants on the front of the onesie.
Here's the thing....this boy has been talking all weekend. He requested a "nana" today from Daddy and promptly got a banana. Last night, we were talking about our day with Ian-the boys were in bed with lights out. Connor was playing with a little Leapfrog Lion that is in his crib and plays several cute songs. At first, we weren't paying close attention although he was jabbering. Suddenly, it dawned on me that he was "singing" the song and including the ROARS that are part of the song. He has been parroting a lot of words-probably not understanding them, but the sounds and words are starting to come more frequently.So he can wear whatever he wants this weekend-he has made us very, very proud.
4 comments:
Maya had one of those frogs from Leapfrog - press a myriad of buttons and get all differents kinds of stuff, including little nursery rhyme songs. It was her playing with it one night a year ago this past November when I realized she was repeating "Twinkle, Twinkle, little star" to that recording. She learned several others from it too. Ain't it just grand though when you realize they are LEARNING and TALKING? And then, before you know it, you'll be saying "Doesn't this kid come with a shut off switch?" LOL So good to read about his advancements there. Just. So. Good!!!
That is great news! You must be so happy with his progress! Love the Captain Underpants figure! LOL
Connor is so awesome. I am glad he is moving along so quickly. Love the underpants look. When he was here, he found some of Annika's boots. I dont think I have seen him so excited as he was trying to figure out how to put one of those on. Luckily I found something else for him and hid the boots. He is just so darn cute!!!
omg (my valley girl comes out) Connor looks so old in that first picture- but I won't say it... but he does look like a ******* instead of a ****. Don't cry!
That is great news, can't wait to see all of you and all of Connors progress :)
Happy Day!!!
Post a Comment