
Our all-encompassing sister-in-law/aunt celebrates her birthday today and we all want to wish her a happy day full of fun and good wishes. Actually, I just talked to her and it sounds like she is having a very relaxing day with her mom.
Ian knows the Happy Birthday song and at lunch, we all practiced together. He even sang it solo. So, Tom dialed the phone and he was holding the phone, Ian was to sing and I was to help coach as needed. Somewhere in the dialing, Ian got his silly on and began reverting to his favorite "Aunt Grandma" and laughing. So we are desperately trying to get him to sing the right name, but now he knows. So he starts singing Happy Birthday Aunt Soooz and laughing. The kid has a sense of humor and thankfully Terri does too!
I wish my sister-in-law a year of happiness and she is loved as sister-in-law and friend in the greatest and truest sense of those words. We all love you!
I would rather walk
with my sister in law
in the dark,
than walk alone in the light
She lights a path
as bright as an angel
Christopher R. Slater
with my sister in law
in the dark,
than walk alone in the light
She lights a path
as bright as an angel
Christopher R. Slater
4 comments:
Awwww! Now that was a sweet post from start to finish - from Ian's song to the poem for Terri. And, if Terri is even half as nice in person as she is in the blogosphere, then the poem was right on target, wasn't it?
I'll have to remember to wish her a Happy Birthday when I visit her place tonight too now.
What a sweet SIL you are to blog about Terri's bday! I think both of you are nice folks! *HUGS*
That is so sweet! I just wished Teresa a Happy Day! I'm sure it made her day to have Ian sing to her!
:) Thank you for such a very sweet post- and for having Ian sing his very special version of a birthday song to me.
God made us sisters (in laws) - we made each other friends! (part of a saying I saw once, getting older and I can't remember the rest)
Love ya!
Post a Comment