As hosted by Stacy over at Exceedingly Mundane-
Food 4 Thought Friday
Breakfast
If you were to choose a new name for yourself what would it be and why? Were there any other names your parents almost gave you?
I think I recall my mom saying that I was almost a Linda Sue. My dad always told me that he liked the name Linda because in Spanish, it is an adjective (meaning pretty-did they get that right or what?!?) and rarely used as an actual name in Ecuador. So, that does give my actual name some points.
I actually really love Spanish girls names. Like Mariela, Marisol, Emilia, Mariana. I love all of those names. And Luz as a middle name.
Of course, if we had a girl (and we aren't-shop is closed!), I imagine the names would have been a little contentious. We have healthy Irish names, so I would probably have angled for something Spanish. At least I don't have to worry about it now!
Lunch
How do you usually spend your Sunday afternoons?
Lately, we are cooped up in the house, avoiding the heat. The laundry gets done and sometimes we do some house projects. (this Sunday-closet!) Once the weather cools down, we'll be outside working on the lawn and hopefully the boys will enjoy the backyard.
Dinner
What would be your last meal if you were about to walk the green mile?
I am not sure what the green mile is (I know, I am dopey), but I adore pizza. Or a really good steak dinner with all the fixin's.
Midnight Snack
Have you ever broken any bones?
Technically no broken bones, but I do have a suspicion that I might have broken my nose years ago at Action Park. I slammed into a concrete divider while on the river rapids ride (an unbelted ride) and smashed my nose into the wall and the person next to me. I looked like Frankenstein with the big bruised eyes for a week or more. We never got it checked.
Recipe for this Week (instead of your recipe for life - what is it for just this week?)
Meditate and work on staying in the now.
No comments:
Post a Comment