Highlights of the weekend:
-Ian having a stomach bug on Saturday. I'll spare details, but he basically slept from 9am-2:30pm on the couch.
-Connor apparently in rehearsal for the WWF. We rarely sit on the floor anymore because he will come over and body slam you, followed by laying across your throat and jumping on you. Constantly. He needs a WWF moniker now. Suggestions?
-"Idonwikeit" translated as "I don't like it". Connor's new phrase for any time something doesn't go his way or he is told no. It is a toddler weekend over here, complete with screaming, meltdowns and general toddler behavior, including shoving the offending party or throwing self onto ground in protest.
-We painted our bedroom closet (sorry, Terri-it's white) and Tom finished measuring and cutting the new shelving. Of course, our leveler is on the lam, so until we find that, Tom is on hiatus.
-We are spending considerable time on our Personal Finance for Dummies course. Our instructor is Michael, my brother-in-law and we are making some decent headway. Of course, we had a general surplus of $11 in one draft budget and we thought that looked pretty good. So, I think we have a ways to go. I find that I do very well with homework. I am hoping he will give me an A for homework.
-I wrote an enormous blog post about John McCain and my feelings about his position on education. Let's just say that if Arizona is any indicator of what he wants to do with education, he will never have my vote. (not that he did to begin with) His statement about putting education in the hands of parents and students made my eyeballs spin. He is forgetting someone in that statement-can anyone guess who? I probably will not post my blog because I feel too conflicted and angry about it all.
-Tom was brilliant in setting up the bouncer for the boys this evening. They are sound asleep in bed after a good half-hour of getting the energy out. Brilliant!
4 comments:
Rowdy Rowdy Connor!
Connor the Conqueror!
when my niece was Connor's age she adopted a phrase we still use today, 18 years later.
when she wanted something she knew she couldn't have she'd point at it and then throw herself on the ground crying "I can't want that"
Oooh, hope Ian is feeling better! Not sure what to tell you on the WWF! Can you pretend to cry? LOL Good luck with that.
Good job on the bouncer! Is that a trampoline or some new fangled thing I don't know about?
I hear from my sources you actually have an A+ in class
I think I will have to try that throwing myself on the ground thing when I don't want to do something- I think he has something there.
Still working on the name but liked Diane's suggestion.
Post a Comment