Thursday, January 24, 2008

Feast One Hundred and Seventy Seven

Appetizer

How many times per day do you usually laugh?

I laugh a lot during the day, but it takes a lot for me to really laugh genuinely. Does that make sense? My husband is always impressed if he can elicit a really good, honest laugh from me.

Soup
What do your sunglasses look like?

Not broken! They are the standard black plastic semi-fashionable Target cheapy brand. I refuse to shell out the bucks because they get lost or broken in the blink of an eye.

Salad
You win a free trip to anywhere on your continent, but you have to travel by train. Where do you go?

Ooooh, I was all excited to say Hawaii...until I read the train part. Darn. Well, if I have to go by train, I would love to go to the Pacific Northwest-Washington or Oregon because I haven't been there.

Main Course
Name one thing you consider a great quality about living in your town/city.

Parks! We have a lot of great outdoor parks that are clean, fun and well-visited. We can walk to at least three different parks from our house. Phoenix is also very color-coordinated and laid out on a grid-easy to travel around and not ugly. Of course, it does have that "Wrinkle in Time" look in many neighborhoods....

Dessert
If the sky could be another color, what color do you think would look best?

You know, I love the sky just the way it is. I love the different shadings of blue and the gorgeous, fiery oranges and pinks at sundown. The only thing is that here in Phoenix-I actually miss those sporadic gray and gloomy skies more than I thought.

8 comments:

Renee said...

Great feast! We had the same desert. Have a great weekend.

http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Thomas said...

It always makes me proud when I can get L to actually laugh. It is even better when she is not laughing at something stupid I did!

My sunglasses are broken yet functional. That is from constantly getting grabbed from certain children.

Wow I really need to plan a trip to Hawaii. L is getting positively obsessed!

Yes the parks here in Phoenix are a major part of our lives. The three parks within walking distance were a big consideration when we bought our house.

Ah the Desert sky... or is it Dessert Sky. That is one spelling I still get wrong. Oh and cloudy days are a plus here.

Eleisia said...

A very nice feast. Especially liked your dessert.

Eleisia at
http://twomomsinablog.com/inthekitchen

Linda said...

Loved your dessert!! Why would we want to mess with perfection?

I didn't know you had this blog. I keep going to your crochet blog where there's no new comments. I've bookmarked this site!

Miss Blogger said...

Great feast you have here, Linda! Happy Friday! Come join mine here :)

Michelle Quinno said...

I love the sky at sunset. Phoenix must be a great place to live. I loved visiting.

And I'm the same on the sunglasses, buy cheap and you don't cry when you lose them a day later! LOL

Anonymous said...

I am completely in agreement with you regarding the shades! We have two boys with Autism in our family. Nice to meet you!

bundle-o-contradictions said...

Nearly all my answers were the same!
Happy Friday. :)