Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tempe Splash Park

Last Sunday, we took the boys over to Tempe Beach Park to look at the Healing Fields (a 9/11 memorial-which will be another post on another day) and also to let the boys cool off at the Splash Park. We were not sure how the boys would like the park-Ian enjoys water on his own terms-but it was a lot of fun for both of them.

Ian went down the slide a few times, but it was crowded and had some unsupervised bigger kids wreaking havoc, so we meandered toward the splash pool. This was more their speed. Ian found the best way to cool off was getting water in the back of his pants. It was comical.

Connor enjoyed the water too, until he got interested in what Big Brother was doing.....

And decided to try it himself.

I was surprised to see how the water turned out when I uploaded my photos. I liked that it looked like clear little water balloons. I messed around with a bunch of settings, so I have no idea how I created this effect. (Maybe Jesse has some idea what I did?)
Ian created an obstacle course for himself, leaping over small fountains and going under the larger arches.


The weather is cooling off a bit (99 instead of 110 degrees!) and we feel a bit chilled in the evening when the temps dip into the 70's. Still, I am looking forward to the days when the boys can run and play in the backyard without worry about sunstroke, when we can sit outside to eat dinner and when we can take a walk at any point during the day. It's coming.

6 comments:

bobbie said...

That first picture of Ian is a winner! They are all so cute.
Cannot imagine living in that kind of heat.

Michelle Quinno said...

LOVE the photos! The water is amazing. This would make an adorable lo!! I got a chuckle out of the boys as I always do! Too cute.

We have a chilly 65 degrees today! And it may get down to 40 tonight. Yikes.

julie said...

Water in our sunlight does tend to look really awesome. Great photos - I'm glad to see that the post doesn't have "screamy" in the title :D

tweety612 said...

Looks like the boys had a blast! I'm kinda jealous you guys are still enjoying warm weather. We started wearing pants here this week.

Raven said...

Boy that looks like fun. Wish I could take some of your warmth and send you some of our chill. It's in the mid 40s tonight. Too soon... I'm not ready. Great photos. Interest water effect. Cameras do such wonderful things sometimes.

Theresa said...

fun pictures, good to see Ian loving the water even it is on his terms :)

Have a good weekend!