Sunday, September 14, 2008

Vacations for Children with Autism

My friend Stacy sent me an article from the New York Times this morning about vacationing with children who have autism. Thank you, Stacy!

The NY Times article link


My favorite line was the last one-"We don't let autism back us into a corner."

Exactly!

3 comments:

bobbie said...

That was a really interesting article. And I, too, particularly liked the last line.

Today my daughter called from CA, and during the conversation, asked if she'd told me about Isaac going to a yoga class for children. I said yes, I remembered. - No, I remembered you talking about it with your son. - Guess I'm really old and forgetful now. Isaac loves it. He even made up his own position, and demonstrated it - the octopus.

Theresa said...

Just think how we feel in long lines, or just having to sit an wait, even the best of us get impatient- and we don't have Autism- great article for fellow passengers to read. Yep I agree don't let Autism keep you from travelling- No corners for Connor

Also glad to see you are making progress on your Walking goal! Up to $600 raised that is fantastic- Go Team Murphy!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Yes, exactly! You have such a great attitude!!