
I don't know what the date is to figure out my post number!
It's been fun to make friends on the Internet- and while I love all of my readers dearly, I have to give props to my blog friend, Michelle. I think that I found Michelle via the Scrapbook Addict forum (she is a serious scrapbook/stamp addict!) and we participated in the Scrapbook Addict blog ring. I think she is still on the blog ring, but I am not. She would always, always leave comments on my blog and it has been a nice friendship.
Now, my scrapbooking has been non-existent for quite some time, as much I enjoyed it and still love playing with my photos and all. However, after working for Scrapbook.com for a few years, I accumulated tons of Bazzill scrapbook paper-which is really lovely paper with gorgeous textures and colors. I ended up sending her a bunch of paper from my stash in exchange for her creation of my thank you cards for Connor's autism walk.
She also knows that my son, Ian, is a mail checker. This boy checks the mail religiously every single day, looking for mail. Uncle Mike and Aunt Terri send him letters, as does my sister-in-law Kristen, plus he gets Lego magazines, a kids magazine and now, he has a penpal in Michelle. She has been making him some of the most adorable cards and he loves opening them. The latest came yesterday-to congratulate him on his orange belt and he sat with that orange penguin card in the car talking about it for the entire ride to daycare. He loves orange! What's a penpal? Why does she live far away? Why is the penguin wearing underwear? Do you know what penguins like to eat? Do you know where penguins wear three buttons? (aka brads fastened on the paper) On and on.
So, Michelle, I am grateful that you always bring a bright spot to my day with your comments here and also thankful that you brighten up my son's day with those beautiful handmade cards! I cannot wait for a day to get together and share some margaritas and do some crafts together-it will happen someday!
3 comments:
Ok, now I'm really sniffling!! I'm so honored to have a post in my name!!
I'm also so happy he loves orange and liked his card. The penguin is actually wearing a bathing suit. I know it's a little cool for swimming but I just love the little trunks. I also love the photo of Ian holding the cards I sent!
I'm so thankful to have YOU as a blog friend, Linda. I can't tell you how much I truly enjoy reading about the boys, your lives and your wonderful writing!
I always get a chuckle here and sometimes I need it with my not so little boy. You bring me back to when my boys were little and I love that. Enjoy them while you can! And thanks for the thankful post. I hope we can enjoy a few margaritas some time...
yeah michelle, she does do great cards.
Wow, those cards look wonderful... and it's such a nice story... such kindness... and such a happy recipient.
Post a Comment