Well, continuing with my election obsession, I was able to vote in this election this afternoon and very proud to be a part of this-no matter the outcome.
My favorite moments were this morning......talking to Ian about election day and how Mommy and Daddy were going to vote for a new President. Then getting to explain what an election is and what the President does (I phrased it that the President helps makes rules-which resonates with Ian).
Mommy: "Who are you voting for, Ian?"
Ian: "JOHN MCCAIN"
Mommy: (serious bout of laughter)
Ian: "I'm voting for John McCain."
Mommy: "Hey, Connor, who are you voting for?"
Connor: "Lightning McQueen!"
Ian and Mommy: (more laughter)
Ian: "I am not voting for Rock Babama."
Mommy: "Really? Why not?"
Ian: "Because I am voting for John McCain!"
Connor: "Gabama!"
Later this afternoon.....
Ian: "Where'd you get that sticker, Mommy?"
Mommy: " I voted today and I got one for you."
Ian: "Yeeesss." (affixing sticker to his karate pant leg, later moved to the center of his shirt)
Mommy: "Today is election day and Mommy and Daddy both voted."
Ian: "Who did Daddy vote for?"
Mommy: "You'll have to ask him."
Ian: "When I am President, I am going to make so many rules. And everyone will have to listen!"
Mommy: (laughter) "You can be whatever you want."
Ian: "Actually, I just want to be a black belt leader."
Anyway, happy voting to all and regardless of your choice or the outcome, it is truly outstanding to see the turnout and how many Americans want to have a say in our future.
Off to get some pizza (yes, I ordered pizza!) and sending Tom out to get it (hee, hee!). And off to watch that guy using that crazy digital map. Arizona was PINK the last time I looked, so I am excited that we could go either way!
And I am thankful to all who exercised their chance to vote. You rock!
3 comments:
Glad you got out to vote. I was having major nerves earlier but now that Pennsylvania is in and big for Barack, I'm feeling more encouraged. I hope AZ goes blue. Drink a glass of wine for me.
I knew there would be crowds and long lines, so I got there before the polls opened. I am so proud of us! Finally, people showed that they cared. Let's hope that the enthusiasm remains.
Your boys are too funny!! That Ian is going to be someone important some day, I can feel it.
Post a Comment