"If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in."Rachel Louise Carson




Our little guy hanging with Daddy while we were in LA. He has made outstanding gains, especially in language in the last few weeks. He is saying "Mommy" and "Daddy" to all three of us-which he never acknowledged us by name at all. Of course, Ian is not entirely thrilled with being called "Daddy", but we're working on it. He is beginning to add two word repertoire, usually "more, please" or some version of more and please. He is doing puzzles on his own. Still like the little cars, still gets into his own world and still has Houdini stamped all over him. Some things still seem to be in the future, but we are confident they are in there somewhere, waiting to appear in all of their glory.Next month is Autism Awareness Month and I am planning to include a blog entry each day highlighting some interesting research, books, websites, links to other blogger friends with great children to tell about and stories of my own. I will not judge other parent choices-I will only say what works for us or what we observe or present as objectively as possible. Let's just see what we learn and go from there.
I hope you will stop by before that-but please plan on visiting in April (I will include regular posts too-we are more than just autism here!!!) and please send a few friends over to read as well. I feel like it's one way that I can do my part and feel more enlightened myself!
Finally-I have to thank my friend Jeni who sent me a gift of jewelry and ribbons for autism-thank you so much. She is walking for autism in honor of her two adorable grandchildren. I love reading her family stories and I appreciate her presence in my blogosphere. Walk on, Jeni!
9 comments:
Ah Linda - just beautiful photos! LOved each and every one of them. I'm really happy to hear that Connor is starting to develop a bit of a vocabulary. We're still waiting for SOME movement along those lines with Kurtis and believe it or not, at times, almost wishing for a few moments of silence from Maya. LOL Not really, I do love and value greatly every time she does speak as there was a time we really worried about that aspect for her. You know, my blogger buddy Sunshine sent me that set earrings and keychain -and I told her I was going to use them for something pertaining to the Autism walk and my blog, which was fine with her. But I was really happy when things turned out that you were the first blogger friend to donate and comment about it on my blog! How appropriate could anything be?
Little boy here has been awake since 4 a.m. today - ARRGH! I'm not totally appreciative of that. Right now, he's sitting in the high chair next to my chair at the computer, playing with some new kind of cereal (chocolate-peanut butter puffs, or something like that), eating them dry and I'm hoping that will maybe make him a bit drowsy and he'll go back to sleep then for maybe an hour at the very least before his OT shows up today! Wish me luck!
Oh, how adorable!!!
That's great he's saying Mommy and Daddy...even if his brother doesn't like it. He's making great strides!! Keep up the hard work you do. It's obviously paying off.
Love can work just about any miracle :)
Linda: Your extraordinary Love and Devotion along with hubby is quite evident in this good looking, sweet little boy's progress! I have noticed that I have several women on my Blogroll with an Autistic child and I'd like to network you all together by e-mail! Stay with it, Linda. We are closer than ever to unraveling this mysterious condition and I believe we will cure it! I really do!!
What beautiful photos... and what wonderful news. As Billy said - love works miracles and I think there are many miracles ahead for all of you because there is clearly a profound abundance of love.
Thank you for sharing the beauty of your heart and your beautiful family.
beautiful photos!
you're such a lovely, wonderful family and I feel honored to be able to share snippets of your life with you
thank you.
So excited about the progress. Connor is so much fun and I look forward to watching him do well in everything he does.
You've put a big smile on my face with this post. So happy to hear such great news. The pictures are gorgeous. Love the one of them laying on the grass.
What beautiful photos of your precious little boy. You are so lucky. We lost two grandchildren who were severely disabled, but we bless every day we spent with them, children are such a joy. xx
Post a Comment