Oh, sweet laundry basketIf there were only enough room for more
Delightful fun
You are tunnel, transporter
And a place to rest
No more to hold clothes
For we've something better
A cave, a helmet
A place to hold brother
Go spend all your money
On toys fancy and noisy
The dust soon will gather
Those toys uncreative and usual
But we'll take our basket
And use it to harness our dreams.
This little basket that Cindy gave me a long time ago has been the source of great fun and grand arguments between brothers. They need rides about the house, they hide and carry cars and Star Wars guys about. Tom actually put it away in the closet, putting his laundry inside it. And Connor, never challenged by obstacle, pushed the entire heavy basket right back out to play.
The poem is off the top of my head and totally not edited, as you could so obviously see.
Trying to write a grant today.....not much time to play. I am about ready to stop for the day. There's a bit rhyme for you!
7 comments:
Beautiful picture. Beautiful poem.
We missed you today! I hope the grant writing went well. You'll have to come next time, though, no excuses :)
I love the photo, by the way. When I babysat, they were in and out of that basket the whole time. I gave them rides in it, too. It's even better than a cardboard box!
The poem is too cute and not much compares to the determination of a child! Love the picture!
Good luck with the grant writing and please don't forget some time for yourself! *HUGS & SMILES*
that's a great poem! and a wonderful photo.
what was Thomas thinking!? using that basket for laundry? putting it in the closet? Men! ;)
That is adorable. I have a photo of me and my brother when I was about 3. My mom woke up to the two of us in there and she ended up using the photo for our Christmas card that year! LOL
Love the poem too! You are so talented.
Haha! I remember being pulled around the house in a cardboard box by my sister when I was their age and the friction made the box hot. OUCH!:)
I am so glad my laundry basket gift has gotten so much fun use!!!
Great poem.
Post a Comment