I am really enjoying these exercises-so much that I attempted the MEGAwordzzle tonight! Woohoo! Don't forget to check out Raven's blog to see some more excellent examples. I need to give her a extra shout out because I am writing so much more than I have ever been. Thank you, thank you, thank you.......
This week's words are:
arbitration, music, salamanders, frankinsence, trojan horse, balderdash, bottomless pit, fantastic, pugnacious, Trivial Pursuit
And for the mini challenge: maniac, video store, telephone pole, flute player, windy day
On a windy day outside Salamanders video store, I met a maniac flute player, as tall as a telephone pole. So fantastic was she that I felt myself becoming pugnacious, simply because her gift was a bottomless pit and mine was a mere scratch. Over a game of Trivial Pursuit, she told me about her composition, “Trojan Horse”, offering me a sample like a wise man offering frankincense.
And the music became our arbitration. The next night, over a game of Balderdash, we fell in love.
13 comments:
You are a week ahead, but you are brilliant so who cares.
Linda - in school were you the kid who always had all their extra credit assignments done ahead of time? I bet you were!!
I love that about you :)
and the story is great, made me think of a pyschedelic dream from the 60s.
Oh yes, I was the goody-goody kid who got all the work done ahead of time. I am still that way in a lot of respects, but less so nowadays.
However, as far as punctuality of actually BEING someplace on time is another whole story.
I was so busy reading your wonderful wordzzle that I completely missed your kind "shout out." I have to shout out back, because it's mostly thanks to you that I gave the blog another try. I'm writing a lot more too and it feels good. Glad that the wordzzles are inspiring you. You're really good at them.
You are amazing, Linda! Those words were tough! Great job.
Wow. Kudos for an entertaining story. What fun!
Well done, I like your style! Mine's up too. :)
Great job! It's so fun to read what others came up with...what a creative bunch!
I enjoyed that a lot! Great story!
You guys are all so good at condensing these into one great paragraph. Or two short ones. It's all I can do to keep mine as short as I do. Maybe I'll work on making them shorter.
Hi there Linda again ;)
It was as much fun reading it again!! I love this little story.
I'm with Jay, you do a wonderful job of fitting all the words into a nice, tight little story. My mind wanders all over the road, trying to fit all the words in.
Liked your story. Thanks for coming by my site.
Rich
well done...and yes, it's getting me writing more as well :-)
Post a Comment