Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Autism Reach Out

It is Autism Awareness Month.

We all probably know someone who has autism, has a child with autism.

I say reach out and connect with that person today. If it is a parent-give them a hug, check on how they are doing-listen. Listen without opinions.

If it is a person with autism, reach out in whatever way you can. Send them an email. Send them a card. Give them a call. Make a donation of time. Release any judgments and just look for the person that is there-look past the obvious quirks. If you think about it, we are all pretty quirky people anyway.

You see, in the end, we are all people just the same. It doesn't matter what we have or don't have. We are all deserving of someone who truly loves and cares about us, all our faults, all our strengths and all of who we are.

3 comments:

bobbie said...

I do know it is Autism Awareness Month, and I haven't posted much about it this time. So much going on. I'll try to do better.

And as for connecting with someone - here's a cyber hug for you! :)

Michelle Quinno said...

I know it's a hard road to go down but you are doing excellent things with/for Connor. Keep up the amazing parenting. Big hug!

Raven said...

Amen. Sending you and the whole family a cyber hug.