I heard about this story on the radio this morning. When I got home to actually view it, I was astonished, moved to tears and so impressed.
Her talent is evident and overwhelming and it didn't depend on the package it comes in. How discounted this woman was the moment she walked on the stage, the shots of eyes rolling, of snickers is the sad commentary on how we are taught to judge talent. Superficially. Look at the female judge in all her plastic glory-who gave a beautiful commentary nonetheless.
I hope we someday get back to recognizing and revering truly gifted people, uplifting them instead of making judgments based on outward appearances. Apparently, looks can be deceiving. Be sure to watch the video link before if you haven't yet.
Susan Boyle
2 comments:
I didn't get to see the full report on this lady on the Today show but I did see the preliminary clip and the look on Simon Cowell's face, rolling his eyes, so derogatory and I did hear the first few notes she sang -beautiful, just beautiful. How true it is that many of us are judged on how we appear on the outside, not for what we are able to do, not for what we know or for education and previous expertise we may have. Beauty is only skin deep and should not be the determining factor for any one other than those involved in the "beauty" industry as models.
Saw this on You Tube the other day and it was great!!!! Everyone is talking about her. It's about time.
Sorry I didn't get you the recipe yet. I didn't forget, just got busy. I will email soon. Glad the boys got the cards. I hope they are out of the dog house! LOL
Post a Comment