Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Scrooge

That would be me. Due to my son's hostile outbursts several times this morning-mostly directed at Connor with little to no provocation, I decided there would be no egg hunt, no presents, no candy and no Easter baskets. They didn't seem to be missing anything really, until they got to the Wines residence, where we spent the afternoon.

Then Ian realized that he was missing out on the egg hunt, candy, baskets, etc, when he saw Trevor and Annika's loot. Annika set up an egg hunt, which I felt very reluctant to allow him to join, but I did relent because he was well-behaved at their house. He even ate his entire dinner. The truth is that we don't truly celebrate Easter, so I didn't honestly care one way or the other if he got anything or not. But, we are all at odds this weekend and he went to bed tonight with stern reprimands from his father as well.

His Easter basket and Connor's are both sitting up in the closet. Connor didn't really do anything, but he doesn't know if he is missing anything, so I didn't bother with any of it. Maybe next week.

All that being said, I think Ian and I are just not connecting this week. Chorale work has been consuming, Tom's car was in the shop all weekend, leaving us with one car and stuck at home for much of the weekend. So, I am certain that my work and our homebody status has probably got Ian pretty emotional.

So, bah humbug to bunnies everywhere.
Here's to a better tomorrow!

3 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

I hope today is better for you. I give you lots of credit for being strong. I caved all the time with my second child because he was not so easy. This is why I have a spoiled rotten 19 year old!!! So good for you!!

julie said...

Oh, the humbug weekend. It happens to us all, I guess; I bet it'll be better when Tom's car is sorted out.

Theresa said...

Sorry to hear that Easter morning did not go well, hope Ian's evil twin has left the building!