Tuesday, April 28, 2009

They Teach Music Right!

My friend and former colleague Shannon directed me to her school website for some research I am doing on building my own school website.

As I looked on the district homepage, I saw that my former school district-where I grew up and where I taught for six years-is considered one of the "Best Communities for Music Education".

Let me tell you that I am not at all surprised.

The quality of the band programs, the elementary music programs, the choral programs has always far outranked anything I have ever seen here in Arizona. (Notice no Arizona schools made the list---tsk, tsk!)

So, congratulations to my former colleagues who I know to be dedicated and talented musicians and teachers-you deserve this honor and I am happy that you have been recognized.

Visit the Best Communities For Music Education.

2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Yikes. I was disappointed to see only one MA school on the list. Of course, it's a rich town!

Dianne said...

I don't see any schools near me on the list
Music, all the arts, should be taught everywhere

Congrats to those on the list