Connor celebrated his third birthday today! His preschool class took a field trip walk to the park to feed the ducks and Ian and I brought ice pops (dairy-free, gluten-free and peanut-free pops!) to share with the class. When we got there, Connor was flying a Lightning McQueen kite and having a great time. We had lunch at Chik-Fil-A, played a bit and then went to the store to pick our Carvel ice cream cake (Michelle-I was happy to read that your son also enjoyed a Carvel cake-they are the BEST!) and dinner. He took a nap while Ian and I cleaned the house. He was a little stressed that he wasn't eating the cake right away and that we were having spaghetti for dinner. ("No! No spaghetti! Yucky!")
We invited the Wines family, Sean and Julie and the kids next door to join us for dinner and cake. Here is a very patient, perhaps a bit bored shot of the kids waiting for ice cream cake.


Showing a bit more enthusiasm.
Finally-CAKE! Connor had been practicing blowing out the candles and anytime some sings "Happy Birthday", Connor begins to blow out pretend candles. He finally got the real opportunity and even got two turns!
Nothing beats a Carvel ice cream cake!
Connor had a few presents to open, but really enjoyed ripping the tissue paper from the bags most of all. Ian had a difficult time understanding that the it was Connor's day and Connor's gifts, but I am sure that is completely normal.
Thank you to all who celebrated with us tonight and to all of our well-wishers by phone-Connor is very loved!
6 comments:
Gee, I knew Connor and Kurtis were fairly close in age but didn't realize they are as close as they are! Kurtis will be three next Monday! I can't envision him sitting calmly and quietly for 10 seconds at the table though. No way, Jose! It's going to be interesting to see how he does respond though this year to his cake, candles, presents etc. And yes, gonna be a problem too with his big sister who I know, is not going to understand why he's getting presents and she is not -even though she knows her birthday is not till October! That good old green with envy thing is gonna rear its ugly head here, I'm sure!
Happy Third Birthday to Connor though and glad he had a great time too -the cake sounds really great to me too! (Love ice cream cakes!)
Happy, Happy Birthday, Connor!
Your mom is right. You are very loved! Even by people you have never met.
Oh rats! I wish I had known, I would have sent a card.
The photo of Connor on his arms is way too cute!! I'm glad he had a wonderful birthday (and a yummy Carvel!!).
Happy Birthday Connor - thanks for letting us spend your special day with you.
glad that conner had such a fun party! bring on the terrific threes!
Belated Happy Birthday to Connor! I love Carvel! Now I'm all feeling bad because I can't have a Carvel cake or a Cold Stone cake or... Guess I haven't grown up yet.
Sounds like it was a good party despite spaghetti.
Post a Comment