I got an email from Connor's preschool teacher that he will be continuing in his special education preschool next school year. She asked to move him to the afternoons with the older children because his language is really strong. I was a little concerned that with his progress that he might be asked to leave the program altogether. Of course, that isn't entirely a bad thing, but we do want to see him continue on without any regressions. He is still working on transitions quite a bit. He likes routine and he likes his Lightning McQueen cars. His teacher is firm with him and they do say that he melts down a few times a day, but there has been improvement. He tends to get very quiet, like yesterday when we had Trevor and Annika visiting overnight. He separated himself and played with his cars and got emotional a few times. He has also started picking his lip again (gross!) so we can sense that he is feeling out of sorts at times by his actions.
By the way, I am certain I have posted this photo, but I just love it anyway.
5 comments:
glad to hear Connor will get to continue on in his program- Michael and I are so proud of him!
Good Going Connor, I am really pleased that he will continue in the school, we do not want any regression. I also LOVE that picture.
YAY for Connor!!!!! We are so happy for you guys. It sounds like that program is so good for him. And I love that picture too. So sassy!! xo
I love that picture too! He's so cute! I'm glad he's moving on. I'm sure all you two do for him really pays off.
Can't believe how fast time flies. I am so behind in reading. Sweet photo. I'm so glad that he is doing so well. Bravo!
Post a Comment